Summertime is the busiest season for Houston-based Mattress Firm. This year, mattress shoppers are able to purchase YuMe’s climate controlled adjustable sleep system.
YuMe, which comes with a 10-year warranty, features adjustable bases and climate control. “In addition to being able to offer the right comfort and support for our customers, YuMe helps alleviate aches and pains by allowing each person to sleep in a gravity neutral position, while also selecting [a] preferred sleeping temperature,” says Chris Marsh, Vice President of Merchandising for Mattress Firm.
One of the top factors in sleep disruption is actually temperature. A room that’s too hot or too cold can keep you from getting the rest you need. This innovative bed uses ambient air which enables couples to personalize their sleep environment. This proposition could be a boom for Mattress Firm given the large number of Americans suffering from sleep ailments.
Nearly half of Americans – more than 150 million individuals – are constantly sleep-deprived (less than six hours of sleep), according to the Better Sleep Council. Physicians recommend getting seven to nine hours of sleep every day.
With YuMe’s sleep technology, users can choose along a range of 11 temperature settings. “Whisper quiet technology allows each sleeper to sleep at their perfect temperature and keep their mattress dry and sanitary,” says Marsh.
Here are other product features:
- Zoned support system that distributes weight and pressure
- State of the art pressure relief layering system in all of its models. Each mattress uses memory foam deep in the mattress to absorb pressure throughout the night.
- Use of coconut foam near the mattress surface. Coconut foam is not temperature sensitive like memory foam. It’s also three times more breathable than memory foam.
- Horizontal and vertical ventilation to circulate air.
Here are price ranges for the Yume sleep system and various components:
- Sets range from $2499 – $5900
- Mattress only ranges $1889 – $3400
Coconut Bliss Pillow:
- Starts at $119
- This innovative pillow is made of resilient, contouring foam blended with 30 – 34 percent coconut oil. The pillow is contoured to relieves pressure, stress and tension from the neck and shoulders, and is a good choice for back and side sleepers.
- The use of coconut oil adds to the breathability of the pillow – 30% more than conventional foam pillows.
- Priced $1,200 – $3,789
- Adjustable beds are quickly becoming popular among people seeking better sleep. The range of positions allow sleepers to control health problems that could be aggravated by flat beds, including swelling, acid reflux and back pain. But they are not just for medical facilities. Adjustable bases are also a great choice for people who like to read, watch TV or eat breakfast in bed. It makes the bed a more suitable and flexible piece of furniture for various lifestyles. Many feature luxurious extras like wireless controls and massage.