I know, spring has sprung and summer is just around the corner. The last thing on your mind is Christmas. However, it is never to early to start thinking about your Christmas plans, especially when you plan to visit the Walt Disney World Parks and Resorts. And there is no better way to celebrate Christmas than spending a night with Mickey Mouse and all of his friends during Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party. But you have to start planning now, because this time of year at the parks and resorts gets booked quick.
Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party is an annual party that takes place after park hours for those guests wanting to add a little extra magic to their Disney World vacation. This festive event features everything from live entertainment to breathtaking fireworks and a holiday-themed parade to festive snacks. Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party is held on select nights in November and early December and tickets for 2013 continue to sell quickly.
Let’s take a look at some of the activities planned for this year’s celebration:
- Mickey Mouse and Santa meet and greets.
- Castle Dream Lights featuring Cinderella’s Castle decked out in shimmering lights.
- Holiday Wishes: Celebrate the Spirit of the Season will take place over Cinderella’s Castle.
- Celebrate the Season Show featuring the Fab 5 giving their rendition of The Nutcracker.
- Totally Tomorrowland Christmas featuring everyone’s favorite characters from across the galaxy, live on stage.
- Mickey’s Once Upon a Christmastime Parade, featuring Jiminy Chricket, Goofy, Tigger, Pooh and Scrooge McDuck…all dressed in their holiday best.
- Snow will fall onto Main Street, U.S.A.
- Complimentary cookies and hot cocoa.
This event requires a special ticket (separate from general park admission) and is a must-do event at the Disney World parks. It is one of the most popular events at Disney World, that is why guests should not delay and purchase their tickets as soon as they start planning their holiday vacation.
Call 407.W.Disney for more information, or to purchase your tickets. Click here for the official Disney World event page.
To keep up on the latest Disney and other travel ideas, tips, reviews and news “like” my Facebook page – WDW Travel Examiner – or follow me on twitter @WDWTravelExam. You can also “Subscribe” to my usedview.com page by clicking the button near the top of the page.