Some people shy away from pastels for many reasons: too Easter-ish, too childish, or the fact that pastels make them look pale. Contrary to belief, pastels are actually quite flattering and it seems they actually have been everywhere lately. Pinks, yellows, baby blues and MINT. At first glance, one would think that the spearmint color would only go with a handful of colors like white and black, but mint actually looks great with all colors. Navy, orange, violet, hunter green, blush pink, peach…the list goes on. All of these make fabulous color combinations when done correctly. For those still hesitant, try mixing mint accessories into your looks instead of a full blown top or bottom. Jewelry, scarves and shoes are a great way to ease into the pastel trend without feeling too washed out. Mint gives certain tenderness to a look without looking like a tube of toothpaste, so try it out. You may just find that it’s mint to be after all.
- Derby day! Bourbon glazed wings, watermelon-mint salad, and mint juleps
- A mint julep for a Baptist: Here are a few non-alcoholic recipes
- Asellina: Kentucky Derby and Mint Julep Saturday
- Best mint julep recipes: Kentucky Derby cocktails without the $1,000 price tag
- Delicious mint julep, refreshing, easy to make and so tasty