Have you heard the news? On the heels of National Lasagna Day, Americans are getting ready to celebrate yet another delicious food holiday, according to a July 29, 2013, SA Current article.
If your taste buds have been screaming for a rich and decadent sweet treat to eat, go grab your fork! July 30 is one of the very best food-inspired holidays of the entire year – it’s National Cheesecake Day! Hooray!
Typically made with cream cheese, eggs and a graham cracker crust, folks have been devouring cheesecakes for centuries. It is believed that cheesecake actually originated in the Greek islands thousands of years ago.
Today’s cheesecakes are available in a wide variety of rich and decadent flavors that are hard to resist. Whether you prefer yours topped with fruit, loaded with chocolate or plain, who needs an excuse to devour a slice or two of decadent cheesecake?
Some restaurants across America will be celebrating National Cheesecake Day by offering free or discounted prices on cheesecake slices in honor of National Cheesecake Day!
Free Slices & Reduced Prices for National Cheesecake Day!
- The Cheesecake Factory – The Cheesecake Factor will be celebrating National Cheesecake Day by offering a few tasty specials. Dine-in guests will receive any slice of cheesecake for half-price on July 30, 2013. And if you are a Facebook fan, you can enjoy the half-price deal a day early – on July 29, 2013. The Cheesecake Factory will debut its brand new Toasted Marshmallow S’mores Galore cheesecake on July 30 as well. Who wants s’more smores? Extra TV will also be celebrating by giving away $50 Cheesecake Factor gift cards to 20 lucky people so be sure to enter.
- Eli’s Cheesecake Specials – Eli’s will be celebrating National Cheesecake Day all week long with a variety of delicious specials including free samples. Purchase any nine-inch cheesecake through July 30, and you’ll get free shipping when you use promotional code “FREESHIP.”
- Peteet’s Famous Cheesecakes – Be one of the first 150 customers and you’ll get one free slice of cheesecake on July 30, 2013, beginning at 10:00 a.m. And while you are there, be sure to enter the drawing for a chance to win free cheesecake for an entire year! You can also receive a 20 percent discount on purchases all day long.
- 7ate9 Bakery Deal – The 7ate9 Bakery will also be celebrating National Cheesecake with a special deal. Get a 10 percent discount on any order between July 30 – August 5, 2013. And if you happen to be in the area, stop by the Harvard Farmer’s Market for fun and games and a chance to win a 9-inch Classic Cheesecake on July 30, 2013.
- Anthony’s Cheesecake – Once again, Anthony’s Cheesecake will be celebrating National Cheesecake Day by offering a half-price slice on July 30, 2013.
Happy National Cheesecake Day!