Take Advantage of New Features to Promote Online
The new Google Maps (also called Google Maps 2.0) is rolling out across the United States and there are several features that business owners can capitalize on to promote their business and engage customers. New Google Maps features include expandable thumbnail pictures for geographic locations; direction options including driving, flying, and cycling; new star rating integration for Google+ business listings including 360 degree views, and a local highlights selection at the bottom of the map screen that points to the map marker when you scroll over it.
Top Ten List of New Google Maps Business Marketing Opportunities
- Expandable thumbnail pictures can showcase your business photos and bring more customers.
- Social profile and gallery sites like Panoramio enable Google Earth and maps submissions by location.
- Create a Panoramio profile for your business and photo chosen for Google Earth link to profile. Check out this Panoramio for business guide for tips.
- Advertise on Google Maps via Google Adwords and you can request an expert photographer session to showcase 360 degree views inside your business.
- New map search bar recommends businesses near the location you search via local listing preview.
- New layout showcases big yellow stars for your business from reviews when someone searches near your location.
- Take burst photos in a 360 degree sweeping motion; convert to panoramic video via Google+ photos and upload to local listing.
- Local highlights are chosen by quality & popularity from Panoramio; promote and share your photos to get your business location highlighted on New Google Maps.
- Users can filter nearby results by best rated by “experts” & circles; encourage customer reviews and Google +1’s.
- Complete and accurate local listings appear higher in results; take the time to fill out all of the information and update posts, pictures, and information regularly.
New Map Availability and System Requirements
Google Maps 2.0 is continuing to roll out, so not all users currently have access. If you see a prompt to take a tour of the new version check it out! Both mobile and desktop versions are available, each requiring certain hardware and software capabilities to perform correctly. In addition, only certain internet browsers are supported. However, several unsupported browsers have reportedly worked with limited capacity.
Claim or Create Google Places (Maps) Account
If you haven’t claimed your Google local maps listing then do it now. Go to http://www.google.com/local/add and enter the details of your business, selecting it if it is already there and then clicking on “manage this page”.
Create or Claim Google+ Listing
Next create a Google+ listing from the dashboard so that you can interact with customers via share, photos, videos, and reviews on the internet. Fill out all of the information correctly, and make sure you choose “local business” from the options and don’t select “my business serves people at their locations” so that your local listing will show up in search results.
Use Google+ and Panoramio to Feature Your Business
Upload photos to your Google+ account and select “auto awesomeness” om the settings menu for some surprising bonuses from Google. Google+ photos will create gifs, panoramic views, collages, and auto-fix photos for you that you. Then you can upload them to your Panoramio account from Google+ for a chance to have them featured on Google Earth and Google Maps geo-tagged to your location.
Take advantage of all the free business tools for internet marketing by visiting Google Business Solutions.