By Kathy M. Newbern and J.S. Fletcher
More than 150 years old, the New Orleans City Park is one of the country’s oldest urban parks, and some would add one of the most beautiful. What is better is that its 1,300 acres really offer something for every member of the family.
Inside the park you will find a number of attractions like the Botanical Garden, a historic, antique carousel, two 18-hole miniature golf courses, a regulation 18-hole course with driving range, and Storyland theme park to name a few.
Here is a complete list (with specific links) from the park’s website: http://www.neworleanscitypark.com
* Miles of walking, jogging, and biking trails
* Two football stadiums
* 12 soccer fields, along with softball and baseball fields
* City Park / Pepsi Tennis Center with 26 hard and clay courts
* State-of-the-art outdoor exercise equipment
* Horse-riding lessons at Equest Farm
* 18-hole golf course and driving range
* Two all-weather running tracks for year-round meets
* City Putt features two 18-hole miniature golf courses
* Carousel Gardens, a turn-of-the-century Amusement Park, sports the only antique carousel in the state of Louisiana
* Storyland theme park with larger-than-life storybook sculptures
* Pedal boating in Big Lake
* The Botanical Garden covers 12 acres and is home to more than 2,000 native plants
* The Museum of Art is one of the finest museums in the South; don’t miss the Besthoff Sculpture Garden
To make going to the park easier and less expensive, New Orleans City Park is now offering a Family Fun Pass – a bundled package for families to enjoy the park and its top attractions.
“There are so many things to do in City Park, it takes families more than one day to experience all the fun,” said City Park Chief Development Officer John Hopper. “We want people to have the opportunity to take their time at each attraction – and not feel rushed by the setting sun. For our out-of-town visitors, the Family Fun Pass allows folks to truly experience all the park has to offer in more than one day.”
Anyone who has every been to New Orleans knows that one day is never enough to see even a small part of this great American City. But regardless of whether you are a frequent visitor or a first-timer, consider a visit to the City Park.
The Family Fun Pass costs $30 for adults and $25 for children and is valid for a week after first use. For more info, call 504.483.9402 or visit www.neworleanscitypark.com.
And if you can’t get to New Orleans soon, consider an armchair visit in one of YourNovel.com’s personalized romance novels, Let the Good Times Roll, set in New Orleans during Mardi Gras – now that’s another story, one for adults only.
If you enjoyed this story, you might also enjoy these:
• Other stories by Newbern and Fletcher
• Other Stories by Kathy M. Newbern
• Stories by J.S. Fletcher, International Travel Examiner
Luxury Travel Examiner Kathy M. Newbern and spouse, J.S. Fletcher, report on luxury destinations, spas and cruising around the globe. They are award-winning members of the Society of American Travel Writers and created YourSpaReport.com and YourNovel.com, their personalized romance novel business.