Paul McCartney kept the setlist fresh for his first Out There! show at the Frank Erwin Center in Austin Wednesday night by bringing back a Beatles song and moving around a few others.
The one song change saw him doing “Get Back” to replace “I Saw Her Standing There” in the encore. He also moved “Lovely Rita” and “Hi Hi Hi” to different points in the setlist than previously at the last show in Orlando on May 19.
Before the show, Brian Ray tweeted, “Getting ready for #Austin show1. Excited- haven’t played here since 82 w Etta James w the Cobras opening w/ SRV and his bro Jimmy.”
McCartney remains in Austin for a second show to take place Thursday.
Here’s the setlist for Wednesday’s show at Frank Erwin Center, Austin:
- “Eight Days a Week”
- “Junior’s Farm”
- “All My Loving”
- “Listen to What the Man Said”
- “Let Me Roll It”
- “Paperback Writer
- “My Valentine”
- “Nineteen Hundred and Eighty-Five”
- “The Long and Winding Road”
- “Maybe I’m Amazed”
- “I’ve Just Seen a Face”
- “We Can Work It Out”
- “Another Day”
- “And I Love Her”
- “Here Today”
- “Your Mother Should Know”
- “Lady Madonna”
- “All Together Now”
- “Lovely Rita” (moved up from encore of previous show)
- “Mrs. Vandebilt”
- “Eleanor Rigby”
- “Being for the Benefit of Mr. Kite”
- “Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da”
- “Band on the Run” (“Hi Hi Hi” moved down in setlist from last show)
- “Back in the U.S.S.R.”
- “Let It Be”
- “Live and Let Die”
- “Hey Jude”
- Encore: “Day Tripper”
- “Hi Hi Hi” (was “Lovely Rita” previous night)
- “Get Back” (was “I Saw Her Standing There” previous night)
- Encore 2: “Yesterday”
- “Helter Skelter”
- “Golden Slumbers”/“Carry That Weight”/“The End”
- Keep up with all you need to know about the Paul McCartney 2013 Out There! tour. See our complete roundup of stories and ticket information here.
Talk about what you hope to hear and the shows you attend on our special Paul McCartney 2013 Tour News page on Facebook.
Subscribe to us free (see button at top) for your daily Beatles news buzz. And you won’t want to miss any of our complete and in-depth coverage of the Beatles, both group and solo, and our exclusive stories and interviews on all our Beatles column pages at Beatles Examiner, Paul McCartney Examiner,George Harrison Examiner and Ringo Starr Examiner. Also, check out our new Monkees Examiner or our Vintage Rock n’ Roll Examiner or TV on DVD Examiner columns for all our other news coverage.
Copyright Stan. Please do not reprint in full on other sites without permission. Headlines with links, though, are fine and posting any of our links to Twitter and Facebook is much appreciated. Please hit the “like” button on Facebook if you like our work.
We’re also Stan on Facebook and at Ufollow or Pinterest. And don’t miss our weekly Beatles news podcast “Things We Said Today” available on iTunes, Podbean.com and Beatles-a-Rama and Fab4Radio.com on the weekends.