This week promises to be filled with fun art and good food. From 5:30 to 7:30 p.m., Wednesday, July 24, Saturday, July 27 or Sunday, July 28 you can learn how to paint with celebrity artist KAT at ilume GALLERIE, 4123 Cedar Springs, Dallas, Texas.
KAT is a native-born Texan who obtained her bachelor’s in art history from the prestigious Art Institute of Chicago. Her artwork has been featured in churches, museums and galleries all over the world.
Her ability to use depth of feeling in picking colors and textures has garnered her respect from other creative types like world famous painters and musicians. KAT is also a very versatile artist creating pieces using impressionistic as well as classic design.
The ilume GALLERIE offers contemporary art created by new and established artists to its distinguished clients and is proud to be hosting this rare educational painting event.
Each student will be supplied a 16 in. x 20 in. canvas, acrylic paints, mixed media, brushes and instruction on how to use color, light and shadow to create their own masterpiece. You do not need to have had any prior painting experience.
After the class, at 7:30 p.m. students will go next door and dine at DISH. A special three course “Arts Menu” created by Chef Garreth Dickey is being offered.
To tickle your taste buds, I’m able to share with you the special “Arts Menu.”
- “Red Hot KAT Peppers” – Fire Roasted Shishito Peppers/Red Miso/Sesame/Reggiano
- “Lollipopalooza” – Grilled Lamb Meatball Lollipops/Smooth Almond Hummus/Tomato Garlic Chutney
- “Impressionistic” Imperial Crab Dip – All Lump Texas Crab Meat/Endive Spears/House Made Lavash
- “Chroma” Steak – Chimichurri Marinated 10 oz. Skirt Steak/Grilled Peaches/Rocket Lettuce/Whipped Ricotta/Candied Walnuts
- “Cerulean” Sea Scallops – Jumbo Diver Sea Scallops/Sweet Corn/Bacon/Poached Egg/Pearl Couscous
- “Abstract” Chicken – Roasted ½ Chicken/Pan Sauce/Jalapeno Mac & Cheese/Honey Glazed Globe Carrots
- “Sienna” Salted Caramel Pudding – Soft Whipped Cream/Crumble Topping/Black Sea Salt
- “Mixed Media” Nutella Chocolate Bar – LN2 Vanilla Ice Cream/Chocolate Accents
- “Surrealistic” Lemon-Mango Kulfi – Almond Graham/Kaffir Lime Curd/Palm Sugar Meringue
Drinks and gratuity are additional. Complimentary valet parking is available in front of the gallery.
The Paint and Dine with KAT is $120 per person. To make reservations call DISH at 214-522-3474.
ilume GALLERIE and DISH are located at 4123 Cedar Springs, Dallas, Texas.
Did you enjoy this article? If so, please share it with your friends. Click on the Subscribe button above to receive email updates when new articles are available. Can’t get enough my Food & Wine Examiner stories? Follow me on Facebook and Twitter and Instagram and Pinterest (I am constantly posting pictures of food!)
Copyright © 2013 Robin D. Everson. All rights reserved.
Robin is also the Examiner for Dallas Art Events and Dallas Places and Faces.