Below are some fabulous party highlight and celebrity sightings spanning this week (Jun 10-14):
- On Monday, Stella McCartney hosted her Spring 2014 Preview in a tented garden space on West 10th street and Greenwich in NYC. Attending guests include Cameron Diaz, Amy Poehler, Kate Bosworth, Steven Tyler, Liv Tyler, Julianne Moore, Helena Christianson, Madonna, the list goes on. Beluga Vodka was the sponsor, so guests were sipping on “Beluga Vodka Sprig Martinis.” Kate Bosworth was overheard saying about Stella: “as a person, she is magical.” Cameron Diaz exclaimed “I made it, I made it!” rushing over to hug Stella. Kate Bosworth was spotted saying to Helena Christianson, “Nice! Work it, girl!” while Christianson poses for photogs. Kate then joins in the shot. Stella McCartney saying to Julianne Moore “I am your biggest fan!” Then they embraced and posed for photos. Last minute guest MADONNA came in decked out in a black leather trench coat, jeans and black boots. Stella and Madge embraced for a full minute, and then posed for pictures. Immediately afterward they snuck to the bar and ordered up two Beluga Vodka Sprig Martini’s (aptly named for their sprig of rosemary). Stella was overheard saying “this is so good- I love the rosemary!” The two of them stood at the bar, Martini’s in hand and chatted while everyone crowded around them snapping photos.
- On Tuesday evening, Avril Lavigne celebrated her Nylon Magazine June/July Music issue cover with an intimate concert at the Highline Ballroom in New York City. The evening was sponsored by Aloft Hotels. Nylon Editor-in-Chief Marvin Scott Jarrett and Publisher Jaclynn Jarrett, Dani Stahl and Jay Errico were in attendance and guests enjoyed a special performance by 2012 Project Aloft Star winners, HITS before Avril took the stage. Dictionary definitions prove useful — prophetic, even — when listening to HITS, the New York-based synth rockers whose upcoming debut album, “After Dark,” is a collection of incisive scenes of the 21st century condition, set to infectious pop arrangements. Few bands ever land on a name that so aptly describes both their sound, and the effect it has on its audience. Avril began her set with “Here’s to Never Growing Up,” then she performed “Boyfriend,” and “Happy Ending.” “I have played this stage before back in the day, 2004, we had a really wild show that night and it’s good to be back in this venue,” she said during her show. Next Lavigne performed “What the Hell,” and ended her show with “Sk8erboi.”
- Across the street that evening, COACH along with “Friend of the High Line,” Katie Holmes, Naomi Watts, Zachary Quinto, Connie Britton and Anna Kendrick came together to celebrate the 3rd Annual Summer Party on NYC’s High Line. The event followed Coach Foundation’s $5 million gift to support construction of the High Line at the Rail Yards and the park’s endowment for future maintenance. Additional attendees included Connie Britton, Chrissy Teigen, Aziz Ansari, Aidy Bryant, Vanessa Bayer, Josh Bowman, Charlotte Ronson, Leandra Medine, Anne Slowey, Olivia Thirlby and Leilani Bishop. Guests were amazed to experience a unique transformation of the Chelsea Market Passage which re-created a vintage inspired Carnival featuring games, fortune tellers, jugglers, and magicians, designed by event planner Bronson van Wyck. New York influencer Vashtie Kola told usedview.com, “I am excited that COACH has invited me to be a part of it and just from the pictures I know that this will be one of my favorite places to come for sure for the summer.” Her favorite coach pieces? “The bags because they are so classic and even though that they’ve begun to revolutionize their silhouettes and colors they are still sticking to heir heritage, but they are being very modern and forward so I am excited about that. Connie Britton said that she got to do a lot of improv in her upcoming film. “Yes, it was hilarious and so much fun. There is one scene in particular that I am hoping would make it to the movie that was so potentially raunchy that it might not. If it is still there you will know!”
- Haven Rooftop at The Sanctuary Hotel celebrated its 1st Anniversary in NYC on Tuesday, June 11, 2013 with special guests Sean Lowe and Catherine Giudici from ABC’s hit show “The Bachelor.” Hoteliers Hank Freid and Brandon Freid welcomed over 300 guests including Miss New York 2013 Stephanie Jill Chernick, model Carissa Rosario, Marc Leader, Derek and Daniel Koch, designer Andrew Marc, reality star Ashlee White, Josh Held, Sasha Shor, Elizabeth DeGennaro, Leesa Rowland and Nicole Noonan. Marketing maven Josh Shames blew out the candles on his birthday cake at the party, which featured music by DJ Brendan Fallis and addition beats by bongo players from Broadway’s The Lion King. Saint Tropez came to Times Square with Haven Rooftop debuting a sexy and bold new look, exciting weekly programming and new seasonal menu. As guests emerged from the rooftop’s elevator, they were greeted by an illuminated angel that lit up the night’s sky and a bevy of models in neon body paint with feathers. Party-goers sipped on Russian Standard Vodka cocktails, signature Haven cocktails and Corona. Throughout the evening, healthy ENLIGHTENED ice cream treats were handed out along with complimentary UBER gift cards. The turquoise accented island oasis showcased stunning rooftop views of the Manhattan cityscape and new amenities including an exclusive and private V.I.P area overlooking the entire venue.
- 30 Rock star Katrina Bowden and supermodel Jessica White came out Tuesday night to the Dream Hotel along with other VIP guests to do the Purity Vodka Taste Challenge. Jessica nibbled on hors d’oeuvres that included grilled cheese and tuna tartar, while she grooved in her seat to DJ .paz’s beats throughout the night. Newlyweds Katrina Bowden and Ben Jorgensen were all smiles as they enjoyed the night sipping on Purity Vodka and seemed very much in love.
- On Wednesday evening guests including Taylor Swift, Dita Von Teese, Connie Britton, Sky Ferreira, Linda Wells, Jessica Szohr, Carey Lowell, Kiara Kabukuru, Maxwell Osborne, Annelise Peterson, Donna D’Cruz, John Demsey, Richard Blanco, Canis Chow, Dao-yi Chow, Harry Slatkin, Jill Belasco, and Laura Slatkin all gathered for the Fragrance Foundation Awards. Swift she won the Celebrity Fragrance of the Year Award for Wonderstruck Enchanted, Elizabeth Arden. This year’s event was hosted by Dana Harvey.
- On Thursday evening, the Songwriters Hall of Fame hosted its annual gala at the New York Marriott Marquis Hotel. Guests in attendance included Alison Krauss, Anthony Morgan, Avril Lavigne, Benny Blanco, Bernie Taupin, Berry Gordy, Chad Kroeger, Constantine Maroulis, Evander Holyfield, Heather Lynn Hodgins Kidd, Holly Knight, JD Souther, Jimmy Webb, Jodi Cole, Jodi Cook, Joe Perry, John McEnroe, Jordan Sparks, Laura Webb, Lou Gramm, Marisol Thomas, Mia Tyler, Mick Jones, Natalie Cole, Patty Smyth, Paul Williams, Peter Ashers, Petula Clark, Rob Thomas, Ryan Peake, Shelea Frazier, Smokey Robinson, Steven Tyler, Tony and Hatch. Steven Tyler and Joe Perry of Aerosmith, Foreigner’s Mick Jones and Lou Gramm, Holly Knight, JD Souther and Tony Hatch were all inducted into the the Songwriters Hall of Fame. Other honors went to Elton John and Bernie Taupin, who received the Johnny Mercer award, and Berry Gordy who received the pioneer award.
- Yesterday on Friday, Jennifer Lopez celebrated her Viva Movil By Jennifer Lopez Store opening in Brooklyn. Viva Móvil by Jennifer Lopez, is a new Verizon Wireless premium retailer founded by Jennifer Lopez. In the coming months, Viva Móvil will open more stores around the county. The brand’s inaugural flagship is located at 162 Flatbush Avenue, right at the vibrant intersection of Flatbush and Atlantic Avenues and in front of Barclay’s Center. It occupies a space of over 2,000 square feet and sits beneath a 1,700 square foot billboard announcing Viva Móvil’s arrival. The store itself will be characterized by a sleekly modern atmosphere befitting its state-of-the-art inventory, which includes the latest smartphones and tablets.