What goes around, it is said, comes around. And liberals, their ears ever pricked for that elusive dog whistle, have become what they claim tediously often to despise. Two stories from the headlines demonstrate the alacrity with which the left have embraced the twin evils of stereotype and the politics of exclusion.
First, a headline from Mother Jones: “GOP Food Stamps Proposal Would Discriminate Against African-Americans.” The first paragraph neatly summarizes the article’s grievance:
On Wednesday the Senate agriculture committee approved a GOP proposal that would amend the farm bill the Senate is considering to ban ‘convicted murderers, rapists, and pedophiles’ from getting food stamps. On its surface, the idea sounds unobjectionable, but the measure would have ‘strongly racially discriminatory effects,’ according to the non-partisan Center on Budget and Policy Priorities (CBPP).
Never mind that the Senate agriculture committee has 20 members, 11 of whom are Democrats, which makes the Donks at least complicit for this “disgrace.” Focus instead on the presumption that banning “convicted murderers, rapists, and pedophiles” from receiving food stamps is discriminatory against blacks. Whoa! No wonder so many whites cross the street when they see a black man approaching.
More telling is the seeming acceptance of statistics, usually rejected wholesale by liberals, that blacks commit more murders, rapes, and acts of childhood molestation than whites. How convenient for Mother Jones!
Second up is a report, via The Daily Caller, that Northwestern University’s student government rejected a candidate for the post of president of diversity and inclusion on the basis of his skin color (white) and sex (male). In addition to those two strikes, Stephen Piotrkowski is also straight. Ian Coley, a member of the diversity and inclusion committee, told The Daily Northwestern, a student newspaper:
This university is not ready, in any capacity, for a heterosexual white male to be in charge in any way of diversity and inclusion. I don’t know if any university is.
During Piotrkowski’s confirmation hearing, student government senator Jesse Seitz asked him, “When you’re forced to work with all these multicultural groups that are, for the most part, not made up of white males, do you think you have the perspective that is not their perspective to bring to them?”
Syntax aside, doesn’t contemporary liberalism preach that mutual tolerance and understanding pave the road to salvation? How can you understand someone different from you if you are told you can’t understand that person because he is different from you? And where is the mutual tolerance in the implied stance “Do you as an outsider have what it takes to get what we insiders stand for?”
- University of Minnesota sponsors ‘unfair to be white’ campaign (Photos)
- Vegans at CA HS accused of bullying Ag students online
- Anti-Semitic teacher is out at fashion school but not because of student protest
- SC Dem: Let’s send ‘Nikki Haley back to wherever the hell she came from’
- Duke University increases student fees to provide sex-change surgery to students
- University displays billboard-sized naked vaginas in pro-abortion exhibit
- Study: Children taught tolerance in school more likely to be intolerant outside
- College hosts sex and masturbation tutorial in a church
- University to sponsor workshop on better orgasms for co-eds (Photos)
- DOJ upholds transgendered man’s lawsuit over right to use female restrooms
- College orders construction crew to remove sexist ‘men working’ sign
- NY school district apologizes for asking students to ‘argue Jews are evil’
For more articles and headlines, be sure to check out Liberty Unyielding. Follow me on Twitter or join me at Facebook.