A white Bethesda, Md. man was allegedly beaten and robbed in a racially diverse neighborhood of Washington, D.C. by three black men invoking the name of Trayvon Martin over the weekend, CNN reported Monday.
“This is for Trayvon Martin,” one of the three men said, according to Washington Metropolitan Police Officer Anthony Clay.
CNN said the unidentified man was kicked and beaten as robbers took his iPhone and wallet.
The victim suffered minor injuries and refused medical treatment, WUSA reported.
Police spokesman Araz Alali said the incident is being investigated as a hate crime.
“There is no pattern in these types of crimes. These attacks are outrageous; we are doing everything in our power to see that they certainly don’t occur. If they do occur, we are going to aggressively investigate them and bring people to justice,” Alali said.
It’s not the first attack committed in the name of Trayvon Martin, the 17-year-old shot to death by neighborhood watch volunteer George Zimmerman last year.
Earlier this month, WLOX reported that a Mississippi jogger was allegedly beaten by three men in retaliation for the Zimmerman verdict.
On July 16, we reported that a white man in the Milwaukee area was beaten by a group of young black men outraged over the not guilty verdict handed down in the George Zimmerman trial.
Since the acquittal, Zimmerman, his wife, attorney and the jurors in the case have been the target of death threats, and Martin supporters have engaged in a number of protests, some of which have shut down freeway traffic.
A post at the Right Scoop pointed a finger of blame directly at President Obama and black leaders like Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson.
“Obama and black ‘leaders’ must be so proud of all the hate they’ve incited,” the Right Scoop said.
- Retired Florida pastor George Zimmermann target of death threats
- Slate accuses ABC News of deceptively editing interview with Juror B29
- White man reportedly beaten by black youths: ‘This is for Trayvon Martin’
- New Black Panther head Malik Zulu Shabazz: Zimmerman will always be hunted (Video)
- ‘Kill Zimmerman’ painted on Pennsylvania business before being torched
- Former DOJ attorney: Zimmerman prosecution sparked by New Black Panthers
- FBI report: No evidence George Zimmerman a racist
- Photos reveal Obama marched with Black Panthers in 2007
- New Black Panther leader: ‘Praise be to God’ if Zimmerman murdered in prison
- Liberalism: An ideology of rage and hate
- Do liberals really want a second civil war in America?
- New Black Panthers threaten to kill white people on Twitter
If you like this article, you can follow Joe on Twitter @jnewby1956, visit his Facebook page, or subscribe to receive email updates when a new article is published.
For hard-hitting conservative commentary, please visit Joe’s blog, the Conservative Firing Line. You can also find Joe’s articles at Right News Now, PolitiCollision, Liberty Unyielding and Spokane FAVS.
Be sure to listen to “Grit and Grace” every Thursday from 6-8 p.m. Pacific Time on Blog Talk Radio, where you can hear Joe discuss current events.