On Tuesday, talk show host Rush Limbaugh told Fox News’ Greta van Susteren the Democratic Party base consists of voters who are uneducated, hopeless and unskilled and are counting on the immigration bill to provide the extra voters they need.
“Santa Claus is not a cure for poverty,” he said. “All it is is a way to buy votes.”
Limbaugh explained to van Susteren that Democrats need a permanent underclass and a certain level of poverty.
“They need a certain level of uneducated, hopeless, unskilled people to vote for them. That’s their base,“ he said.
Limbaugh said that according to polling data alone, 8 million of the 11 million illegal immigrants in the country will vote for Democrats in the next election.
He also said that despite the rhetoric, Obama is not interested in hearing ideas from Republicans.
“He doesn’t want our ideas on the table,” Limbaugh said. “He’s about brute force. Obama is about eliminating opposition, not working with it.”
“Why should we help him?” he asked.
He went on to say that Democrats need to be defeated and he is not willing to compromise on anything they believe in.
“Look, the country’s hanging by a thread here, as founded,” he said. “We’re about to lose it. Why compromise with the people who are responsible for this?”
Making matters worse, he said the GOP is not interested in keeping its conservative base and said the party leadership is not conservative.
He told van Susteren that conservatives “get more grief” than the Taliban or al Qaeda terrorists because they “constitute a threat to the way Washington views the country.”
From his perspective, it’s more a case of Washington versus the rest of the country than conservative versus liberal.
Which would explain why so many across the country are set to protest Obama in the coming weeks and months.
- ‘Let’s Roll 2013’ to stage nationwide protests on Constitution Day
- Overpasses for Obama’s Impeachment set to protest in north Idaho
- Jamie Foxx calls Barack Obama ‘our lord and savior’
- Limbaugh: Obama administration operating like ‘banana republic-type government’
- Obama Executive Order would seize US infrastructure, citizens for nat’l defense
- McRINO: Amnesty more important than 20,000 border patrol agents
- Overpasses ‘Patriot Wave’ to sweep the county next week
- Rush Limbaugh: Obama leading ‘coup d’etat’ to ‘take over’ the country
- Do liberals really want a second civil war in America?
If you like this article, you can follow Joe on Twitter @jnewby1956, visit and like his Facebook page, or subscribe to receive email updates when a new article is published.
For hard-hitting conservative commentary, please visit Joe’s blog, the Conservative Firing Line. You can also find Joe’s articles at Right News Now, Tea Party Tribune, Liberty Unyielding and PolitiCollision.
Be sure to listen to “Grit and Grace” every Thursday from 6-8 p.m. Pacific Time on Blog Talk Radio, where you can hear Joe discuss current events.