Yesterday, usedview.com was invited to the Solstice Soiree, which was Tommy Bahama’s celebration of the arrival of summer. Located in the heart of Manhattan at the corner of 45th street and 5th avenue, the new Tommy Bahama Manhattan Island Bar and Restaurant is the perfect spot to sip cocktails with a vacation-esque atmosphere.
From the rum and fruit infused cocktails to the fresh seafood inspired appetizers, including coconut shrimp and fresh bass ceviche, there is surely something for everyone. Hang out at the bar from 4-6pm daily for happy hour or head upstairs for the restaurant experience. Lounge on the windowside couches next to the palm and listen to the Caribbean inspired music, while sipping on cocktails for that real vacation feel.
Cocktail expert Jason Littrell might even be mixing up some punches for you to enjoy. Some of the newer punches being served include Voodoo, which is grapefruit infused, Keys Breeze with pineapple and the Citrus Ginger infused with citrus. One cocktail that we really enjoyed was, Behind God’s Back, which was a perfect blend of ginger, cinnamon and many other flavors (It was created by Jason Littrell specifically for the event, so it is not on the regular menu.) From hand crafted mojitos and fruit infused rum punches to fish tacos and ceviche there are plenty of tasty choices to go around.
- The restaurant’s executive Chef is Kouri Killmeier
- Tommy Bahama Restaurant & Bar offers island-inspired American and seafood cuisine with a focus on fresh, local produce that includes seasonal ingredients. Popular favorites such as the brand’s “World Famous” Coconut Shrimp & Macadamia Nut Encrusted Snapper are served along with Atlantic staples like the Lobster Roll BLT and Crispy Skin-On Striped Bass. Meat lovers will not be disappointed with a custom grind burger from La Frieda or the jerk rubbed pork tenderloin with pineapple rum sauce.
- Libations: Barrel aged rums, hand-crafted cocktails, and an eclectic wine list present numerous options for every palate. Take a vacation from everyday life by ordering up a customized mojito featuring ingredients fresh from the farmer’s market. Party punches will be available to be shared for communal style dining. If the South Pacific is calling your name, order a Manhattan’s best Mai Tai featuring Trader Vic’s dark rum.
- Hours of Operation: Open Daily at 11 am for Lunch & Dinner
- Island Time (Happy Hour) 4 pm – 6 pm
- Price Range: Bar Bites & Appetizers $5-$16.50; Lunch Entrées 13-19.50; Entrees $18-$36; Desserts $6-$10
- Seating: Marlin Bar 50; Main Dining Room 150; Private Dining Room 40
Tommy Bahama Restaurant & Bar is located on 551 Fifth Avenue at 45th Street, New York, NY 10176.
Additional reporting by Sarah Lorraine