Whenever you get a free moment, take the time out to follow the coming together of a building structure. First, there is the planning, and then a blueprint is put together by an architect. After the blueprint is approved, builders are hired to carry out the building plan.
The individuals on the forefront are the architects and the builders. The coming together of a structure is a very tedious project, and can sometimes take years to be carried out. This is because the company financing the project takes the time out to cover every loose end surrounding the establishing, running, and maintenance of their new companies. They research the laws and fill out all of the necessary paperwork, they hire lawyers to ensure that every legal aspect of their setup is in place, and they hire accountants to balance their books. It wouldn’t be a wise move for them just to run and setup a building without first making sure that all of the necessary paperwork is filed. They must also hire knowledgeable individuals to run the business and teach them the inner workings, goals, and projected plans of their business. After hiring the leaders, they must hire the workers and properly train them to carry out the day-to-day repetitious tasks. The leaders are like the brains for the business, but the workers are the very heart of the business. In other words, the leaders need the workers and the workers need the leaders.
This setup is similar to the GODLY institution of marriage. GOD has chosen you to be a leader of your households, but you must work for HIM to build for HIM. As the leader, you are assigned to several roles in your walk in HIM, and GOD has appointed for you a helpmate to assist you in achieving those goals. Now, don’t get that message confused. Notice I said that you were assigned a role IN YOUR WALK WITH HIM, not your flesh’s walk in self. Your helpmate is just that; she is a helper and a mate to you. She is a builder who will take the vision that GOD has given you and help you to bring it to life.
Just like in any business, even though the leaders are the brains of the business, the workers operate in roles that the leaders themselves could not operate in. If those workers were to walk away from that company, that company would shut down if it didn’t hire and train more qualified workers immediately. In addition, the workers are the ones who will make the most beneficial suggestions as to the running of that business because they are hands-on in running that business, whereas, the leader deals mostly with numbers and delegation.
The wife that GOD has chosen for you is qualified to help you along the way, because while she was waiting for you, GOD began to train her for her new role. She was tested, tried, and fired from roles that she tried to fill on her own. Every man that tried to fill your shoes was chased away by the angels of GOD because she had an important role to fill in your life. If you have already found her, or if you are still looking for her, there are a few things that you should know so that the structure GOD has given the two of you the assignment of building will come together on the foundation of HIS WORD and will continue on as planned.
Eight Things A Husband Should Know About His Wife:
1. GOD is the great Architect, and HE has given the plans to you. You should never ever search for a wife or marry any woman until you have received your blueprints. Otherwise, as a helpmate, she must ask herself, “What am I helping him with?” A woman with no blueprint will often find herself churning in her own emotions, and this isn’t a great place for her to be. Have you ever heard that old adage an idle mind is the devil’s workshop? Well, it’s true. Any woman or man not in purpose will often find themselves in sin. That’s because purpose is coupled with righteousness, and it paves a road called obedience. Obedience is the road that leads to your blessings and to your inheritance in CHRIST JESUS.
2. The mind of a woman is a complex place because it is constantly working, even when she’s sleeping. Her roles are many, and in order to fill these roles, she has to have a stable work environment. She needs a plan, and she needs the tools to carry out that plan. This means that you have to be the provider. Having a plan with no tools is like having a restaurant with no food. If you are not married yet, this is the best time to learn to be a provider so that once your wife is located, you can provide a plan and tools for her to help you build with.
3. It is absolutely vital that you provide a safe work environment for your wife. GOD has called you to protect her from anything and anyone with demonic purpose. You are the strongmen of your house, and if you’re bound, your wife and children will be in danger. “Or else how can one enter into a strong man’s house, and spoil his goods, except he first bind the strong man? And then he will spoil his house” (Matthew 12:29). That’s why you must absolutely have a relationship with GOD, and know the WORD of GOD before covering a wife. You need to know about the existence of demons, and how to protect your family from them. (Read Ephesians 6). You must have a relationship with CHRIST JESUS, otherwise, you weren’t hired to be a husband. JESUS is the head of man, therefore, if you aren’t covered, you aren’t a husband; you’re just a man and a man is not qualified to take a wife.
4. Peace be still. In any work environment where there is no peace, morale will go down, and the workers will eventually begin to strike. A wife is a wise creation, and she can take that blueprint that GOD has given you, and build you a kingdom here on earth; but to be able to do this, she must have peace. This means that you should not only work on the plans that GOD has given you everyday, but you must also work hard to create a peaceful work environment. If you find that your wife is not in a peaceful place, you should pull out the worker’s handbook (Bible), and see what you need to do to get your home in order. Never become that arrogant and prideful leader who doesn’t understand the real definition of leadership, and never allow yourself to be mistreated or your role to be mishandled. You were given the lead for a reason, but if you start acting “pink” in your role, your worker (wife) will start trying to delegate that project, and this is out of order. Go into any company where the workers are controlling the management team, and you will find an environment of chaos and disorder. Order has to remain in your home so that what GOD has given you to build will stand; otherwise, the demolition workers (powers of darkness) will come in and begin to tear down your structure.
5. A leader can be wrong. Never let pride pull the beams out of your structure. A wife is called a helpmate for a reason. Sometimes as a leader, you may be having a not-so-good day, and your decisions will reflect that. This is when your co-pilot has to fly the plane so that you can recharge and re-assume your role. Never become intimidated by your wife’s leadership because if GOD called her to be “a” wife, and if HE called her to be “your” wife, she will happily relinquish the leadership role back to you. Remember Moses’s wife, Zipporah circumcised their son in the nick of time! Imagine had Moses been prideful about her sudden stance. Their son would have died that very day. As a pilot, you can teach your wife how to operate that plane so that when you are busy fighting off an attack, she can keep you and your family soaring into success. In this, you don’t lose your role; you are simply trusting GOD that HE gave you someone that could be trusted to help you in your role.
6. Remember that everything you put into your marriage is a brick. Every brick is going to hold another brick which holds another brick. If your bricks are from the enemy, they weren’t designed to be placed in a GODLY structure, and if you don’t remove them from your marriage, your structure and everything you built will fall. Wherever you have placed a brick from the enemy; no matter what it is, bring it out and destroy it. Then replace it with another brick of the WORD, and fill it with obedience.
7. Never try to rearrange the thoughts or knowledge of your wife. Sometimes, she may not think or act the way that you want her to, but GOD has designed her (attitude and all) to work a certain way for a reason. Sometimes, the problem isn’t that she isn’t working; the problem is that you don’t understand her design, or you’re causing her to breakdown by trying to restructure her design. This is absolute error that could claim her peace and cause her to operate against her design. As a builder, she is called to build, but if you mess with those wires, you will break her down. And as such, a woman that is torn down will begin to tear down the structure that you were called to build because she can only function properly in peace. When her peace is disturbed, she will begin to operate against her design.
8. Lastly, love is the greatest weapon that you have. Love opposes pride and pride opposes love. There will be situations where pride will offer to be your spokesmen when a problem arises in your building together. But, pride isn’t a good spokesmen. Quite the contrary! Pride works for the devil himself, and his duty is to get hired in your marriage and to tear down your structure!
Remember this: You are a leader and if what you are building begins to crumble, it will always reflect one of two things:
•Either you aren’t a good leader and your company is out of order….
•Or, you hired the wrong worker to help you build.
But, even if you did…she’s yours now, and now you have to repent, and ask the LORD to rewire your marriage for success, and to reassign your wife to you so that she can help you to build.