Following the Sonic Lost World debut trailer released Tuesday, Sega revealed new screenshots of the Wii U and Nintendo 3DS exclusive platformer along with details on the game like multiplayer and the specific features for the home and handheld consoles.
The setup for Sonic Lost World is that Dr. Eggman has created six villains known as the Deadly Six. Naturally, these bad guys revolt against the mad scientist forcing him to unite with Sonic who uses new moves and Color powers to run, jump and race through a variety of 3D terrains to take Deadly Six out.
Here is how Sega describes the new features for Sonic Lost World.
New Moves – Sonic moves like never before. Vault over obstacles, free run up and along walls, and sky dive between islands at lightning speed. Plus the Spin Dash is back!
Color Powers – New and improved Color Powers. Sonic can now fly through the air, tear up levels and explode into enemies. He’s more powerful than ever!
New world – Speed through a variety of exhilarating levels. Explore massive mind-bending courses, vast underground tunnels and colossal structures in the sky as you run inside, outside and upside down.
Boss Battles – Save the world one fight at a time. Take on each of the devious Deadly Six in dynamic boss battles which test all of Sonic’s moves and power-ups.
Multiplayer – Race friends in high speed multiplayer races. Take them down across a range of ultra-competitive levels and modes – it’s the ultimate supersonic showdown!
And here are the console specific features for the game.
Wii U Exclusive Features
- Wield the Wii U GamePad to execute exclusive Color Powers – tilt, touch, aim and more.
- Someone wants to watch TV? No problem! Play the full game using only the Wii U GamePad screen.
- Share and charge up items by sending them into the Miiverse to share with players around the world.
- Play together. Have a friend pilot radio controlled gadgets to help Sonic by destroying enemies and obstacles.
- Race against a friend as you play on the Wii U GamePad screen and they play on the TV.
Nintendo 3DS Exclusive Features
- The first handheld Sonic game ever to feature fully realized 3D levels.
- Unleash Color Powers exclusive to the Nintendo 3DS version.
- Exclusive Special Stages! Tilt using the Motion Sensor to navigate hair-raising levels and obtain the elusive Chaos Emeralds.
- Create and customize radio controlled gadgets to help Sonic.
- Race against friends through local and online game modes.
- Share your gadgets between the Wii U and Nintendo 3DS versions.
Follow us on Facebook or Twitter for the latest news or you can subscribe to our RSS feed or email alerts.