With summer in full swing, you may be feeling a bit lazy about the whole cooking process. This meal, provided you own a rice cooker, is super quick and incredibly delicious. Now you can have the sushi taste at home cooked prices.
Spicy Salmon Rice Bowl
For the salmon you’ll need:
2 servings fresh salmon (if it smells like fish, it’s not fresh) shredded
1 tbsp wasabi paste
1 tsp layu chili oil
For the rice you’ll need:
10 oz uncooked white rice (sushi rice preferrably)
2 cups water
2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
2 tbsp sugar
1 tbsp salt
For the dressing you’ll need:
1 tbsp soy sauce
1/2 tsp wasabi paste
3 tbsp rice wine vinegar
4 tbsp oil (veggie, safflower, canola. something flavorless)
1 pinch of sugar
1 pinch of salt
For the remainder you’ll need:
1 large cucumber
3 tbsp sesame seeds
1) First fire up your rice cooker, or get the rice on the stove. I’m going to assume we can all make rice here. So set it aside to cool once it’s done.
2) Add the dressing ingredients into a small bowl and whisk furiously.
3) Start shredding the salmon into pieces. This is a good time to make sure your butcher pulled the pin bones out, too.
4) Once salmon is shredded pour wasabi and layu oil into the shredded salmon. Combine thoroughly and refrigerate.
5) Chop the cucumber into fine cubes.
6) Toast the sesame seeds lightly until they smell slightly nutty in flavor.
7) Mix the remaining rice (rice wine vinegar, sugar,salt) ingredients in a bowl.
8) Cut vinegar mixture through rice evenly.