Bonnets gone bonkers the street style ladies day at the Espom Downs Racecourse Derby Festival Friday, May 31, 2013 displayed plenty of peacock-ery and a love for American style.
Guardian.co.uk reporte, “An elegant day with high style stakes, Ladies Day on the Friday also features the Style on the Downs fashion competition. This year’s theme is ‘wear to be seen’, with outfits set to be more striking and dramatic than ever.”
Stylish trends and stand out fashions were definitively reflective of American tastes and sensibilities.
@StylistAtLarge reported, “The winner will receive a £5,000 shopping-spree in Harvey Nichols as well as appearing live on Channel 4 with former Grazia Magazine style editor, and now fashion director for Harvey Nichols, Paula Reed. Therefore if you plan on attending make sure you amp up the fashion ante and dress to impress.”
Let’s look at the ladies day fashions trends at the Derby Festival in Epsom, England:
- Great Gatsby gown with parasol was the best display of 20s vintage style
- Red dresses with peplum waistlines, shift dresses and floral printed chiffon
- Royal blue the standout favorite color
- Scuba dresses just like Beyonce at H&M
- White halter dress ala Marilyn Monroe
- Audrey Hepburn and Marilyn Monroe look-a-likes
- 50s polka dotted dresses in bright colors
- Silvery glam accents on white and nude dresses
- Animal print gowns like Hillbilly hick Mama June
@EspomDownRacecourse, “We are judging the style competition as we speak with @HarveyNichols, @HNpaula and #whatbesttowear.”
And the winner is…