As familiar on a hot summer day as chilled watermelon and icy lemonade, the front porch is where families come together. Unfortunately, if your porch needs constant repairs, like scraping and repainting or replacing broken railing, there’s not much relaxing taking place.
However, there is a solution: low-maintenance porch products from railing systems to porch posts to decorative brackets. With low-maintenance porch materials that never need painting or refhinishing, you can kick back and enjoy the summer without the worry of constant porch upkeep.
Enhancing the Porch
Easy-to-install urethane and PVC products from Fypon resist everything from insects and termites to water, humidity, rot and mildew. If you’re looking for years of carefree living on your front or back porch, then these weather-resistant, high-performance products are a solid investment in your home.
Homeowners interested in replacing or enhancing their porches have many options, including:
- QuickRail® Systems – Kits include a Deluxe Top Rail, Flat Bottom Rail, Colonial or Square Spindles, Crush Block, Brackets, Bracket Covers and the necessary screws for fast installation. Made of durable PVC, QuickRail Systems are strong and resilient. Post kits, Gate kits and Grab Rails are also available.
- Balustrade Systems – With dozens of styles to choose from, a customized urethane Balustrade System is made out of weather-resistant urethane. To meet structural requirements, Baluster Rails, Newels and Porch Posts are reinforced. The systems feature the look and feel of wood, without the maintenance hassles.
- Brackets – Add character to your front porch with decorative, lightweight Brackets. Dozens of unique styles exist to complement the exterior of your home. From classic Scroll or Tulip brackets to Victorian or Scalloped pieces, these corner accents can be easily installed to different areas of your porch.
- Structural Porch Posts – Load-bearing Porch Posts can add style to any front porch. Select from Colonial, Fluted, Square or traditional styles.
- Column Wraps – Already have a porch post or column, but hate the look? Hide any existing column with a PVC Column Wrap. Semi-assembled Column Wrap Kits come in two pieces and install quickly with a free-floating movement around a wood or steel post. Since the PVC column wrap doesn’t touch the support post (which is usually pressure treated lumber), if the post twists over time, the shape of the wrap will not be affected. Choose from tapered and non-tapered styles.
Fypon offers thousands of decorative millwork elements in a variety of architectural styles to enhance the interior and exterior of America’s homes. For additional information, call 1-800-446-3040 or visit the company’s web site www.fypon.com.