Your Beatles calendar for the week:
Featured: Pattie Boyd on “Chris Carter’s Breakfast With the Beatles” (see below in Radio section).
Paul McCartney’s Out There! Tour:
- Paul McCartney’s Out There! Tour: Next show July 7 at Scotiabank Park in Ottawa.(See all the best coverage of the tour here. And talk about the tour on our Paul McCartney 2013 Tour News page on Facebook.)
Ringo “Peace & Love” exhibit: Continues at the Grammy Museum in Los Angeles through March.
- The Beatles LOVE, Cirque du Soleil, Mirage Hotel, Las Vegas. Performances: Thursdays through Mondays at 7:00 p.m. and 9:30 p.m. No performances on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. Tickets: http://bit.ly/HRmbk4
- 1964: The Tribute: July 6: Traverse City, Mich. Info: http://www.1964thetribute.com.
- Liverpool Legends with Louise Harrison, Tuesdays through Saturdays until Aug. 10, Andy Williams Moon River Theatre, 2500 West Highway 76, Branson, Mo. Tickets: 800-666-6094. Information: http://www.liverpoollegends.com/calendar.html
- The Fab Four: June 29: Santa Anita, CA. June 30: Los Angeles. July 6: Stateline, Nev. More info: http://www.thefabfour.com.
- Rain: A Tribute to the Beatles: Oct. 23: Bloomington, Ill. Info: http://www.raintribute.com.
- Laurence Juber: July 27: Mount Hamilton, CA. July 28: Folsom, CA. More info: www.laurencejuber.com.
- The Fab Faux: June 29: Boston, MA. July 13: New York, N.Y. More info: www.thefabfaux.com.
- “Just Imagine!”: John Lennon tribute with Greg Piper, through Aug. 25, Hayworth Theatre, Los Angeles.
- Bootleg Beatles: July 4-Aug. 3: Australian tour. http://www.bootlegbeatles.com/gigs.html
- Creme Tangerine: June 29: Seattle, WA. July 18: Sammamish, Wa. July 21: Kirkland, WA. http://www.cremetangerine.com/show-times/ .
- Beatles Brunch, 12 p.m. Saturday, B.B. King’s, New York City.
- “Made In Liverpool Sunday Show,” Beatles tribute, 14:30 London time, The Cavern Club, Liverpool. Information: http://www.cavernclub.org
- “The Two of Us Monday Show,” weekly tribute to Lennon & McCartney, 18:00 Mondays, the Cavern Club, Liverpool. Information: http://www.cavernclub.org.
- “Saturday With the Beatles,” weekly Beatles tribute show with the Cavern Club Beatles, 8:30 p.m. Saturday, The Cavern Club, Liverpool. Information: Information: http://www.cavernclub.org.
- Beatleshow, 5:30 p.m. nightly, Saxe Theater, Las Vegas.
- Beatles convention, 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. June 30, Best Western Hotel, Leiden, Netherlands.
- Marin Sonoma Beatles Festival, noon July 28, Sheraton Sonoma County Petaluma Hotel, Petaluma, CA.
- Danbury Fields Forever Beatles Fan Music & Arts Festival, August 3, Ives Concert Park, Danbury CT. Info: http://www.BeatlesMusicFestival.com
- Abbey Road on the River, Aug. 30 to Sept. 1, Nautica Entertainment Complex, Cleveland, OH.
- Fest for Beatles Fans, Aug. 9 to 11, Hyatt Regency O’Hare Hotel, Chicago.
- Beatlesfest 2013, Aug. 10, Hammond, Ind.
- Magical History Tour to Liverpool, London& Henley, August 18-28. Fans tour presented by Liverpool Productions. www.LiverpoolTours.com
- Liverpool Beatles Week, Aug. 21-27. Events listing is at http://www.cavernclub.org/beatle-week-events.
- Liverpool Intl. Beatles Convention, Aug. 25, Adelphi Hotel, Liverpool.
- Beatlesday, Oct. 12, Mons, Belgium.
- Beatmeet, Oct. 27, Best Western Hotel, Leiden, Netherlands.
- Dublin Beatles Festival, Nov. 7-10, Dublin, Ireland.
- British Invasion 2014, Hard Rock Rivera Maya Hotel, Cancun, Mexico.
“Good Ol’ Freda”: June 29-30, Nantucket Music Festival, Nantucket Mass. Aug. 10: Fest for Beatles Fans, Chicago. Information: http://www.goodolfreda.com.
The Art of John Lennon: Website: http://www.lennonart.com/
The Artwork of John Lennon: Website: http://johnlennonartwork.com/
- June 30, 1966: The Beatles open a three-night stand in Toyko at Budokan Hall.
- July 3, 1967: John, Paul and George attend a party that featured Monkees Mike Nesmith, Micky Dolenz and Peter Tork in London.
Last week’s big Beatles stories:
- Paul McCartney fulfills wish in playing first Polish concert
- The Beatles’ ’65 film “Help!” comes to iTunes
- Paul McCartney slot at S.F. Outside Lands festival announced
- Unedited John Lennon, George Harrison interviews found after 40 years
- Paul McCartney Verona show triumphs despite rainy weather
- No waltzing, but lots of rocking as Paul McCartney tour stops in Vienna
- Super McCartney fan says former Beatle’s show in Vienna was ‘killer’ (Photos)
- Author Mark Lewisohn previews his multi-volume Beatles bio in new interview
- “Things We Said Today”: Each week, myself and Ken Michaels of “Every Little Thing” discuss the latest Beatles news topics. The latest show on Beatles-a-Rama and Fab4Radio.com this weekend and on iTunes and Podbean.com on Monday, discusses our visit to the Ringo Starr exhibit at the Grammy Museum. It will be online Sunday night. “Things We Said Today” is available on iTunes (where you can subscribe to us) and Podbean.com, and can be heard at 11:30 a.m. ET/8:30 a.m. PT Saturdays onBeatles-A-Rama and noon ET/9 a.m. PT Saturda and noon ET/9 p.m. PT and 11 p.m. ET/8 p.m. PT Sundays on Fab4Radio.com. You can write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- “Every Little Thing”: July 3: Two-hour Ringo Birthday Special featuring his solo-music, All-Starrs and Beatles, plus a set of hits that Ringo covered in his solo-career! Airs Wednesday from 8 to 10 p.m. EST on 88.7 WNHU, West Haven, CT, and can be streamed at www.wnhu.net. More information at www.kenmichaelsradio.com. The site also has Ken’s interview with Mark Lewisohn.
- “Fab 4 Free 4 All”: Latest show: “Ringo”: Analysis and Review.” Available on iTunes and at www.Fab4Free4all.com.
- “Beatle Brunch”: July 1: Tributes to American artists. Info: www.beatlebrunch.com.
- “The John Lennon Hour”: June 30: Jim Berkenstadt (repeat). Weekly hour of John Lennon music and history hosted by Jude Southerland Kessler. 8 p.m. ET Sunday at Beatles-A-Rama. Available through iTunes. Website: http://www.johnlennonseries.com/radio_home.html.
- “Magical Mystery Tour”: Two-hour weekly show hosted by James D. Jones with Beatles and solo music. Saturdays at 3 p.m. CST on WKCC-FM (91.1), Kankakee Community College, Kanakee, Ill. Website: http://www.kcc.edu/radio/programs/Pages/mysterytour.aspx.
- “Recipe Records”: Weekly podcast by Lanea Stagg that features food and music discussion, and often Beatles discussion. Recent episodes have featured Jim Berkenstadt, author of “The Beatle Who Vanished”; David Bedford, author of “Liddypool: Birthplace of the Beatles”; Al Sussman of Beatlefan; Beatles Examiner Stan (aka me); John Lennon Series author Jude Southerland Kessler, and Pat Matthews of Beatles-a-Rama. All shows are here: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/recipe-records-cookbook.
- “Bertone Beatle Bonanza”: Latest show: Author Jim Berkenstadt. Website: http://bertonebeatle.libsyn.com/
- “Dennis Mitchell’s Breakfast With the Beatles”: June 30: Audio from the Beatles’ 1966 Tokyo concerts, which took place this week. Also, Gary Griffin of The Bamboo Trading Company. On radio stations in the U.S., Sweden, Canada, New Zealand, U.K. and Germany and online on MaccaRadio, Fab4Radio and Beatles-A-Rama and LV Classic Rock. Show website.
- “Chris Carter’s ‘British Invasion’: New three-hour weekly show on Sirius/XM Ch. 21 at 9 a.m. and midnight ET Sunday. Covers all aspects of the British Invasion and feature artist interviews as well as hits, album tracks, B-sides, and live recordings from artists including The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, The Who, Mott The Hoople, The Move, The Creation, Oasis and many more.
- “Chris Carter’s Breakfast With the Beatles”: June 30: Pattie Boyd. July 7: Barry Livingston of “My Three Sons.” On KLOS-FM (95.5) 9 a.m. PT Sunday. Website.
- “The Beatledd Fab Four Hour”: The show, hosted by Edd Raineri, airs live each Friday, 7-8 PM EDT, on WRKC-FM in Wilkes-Barre, PA. You can listen live online at: http://wrkc.kings.edu. The program’s Facebook page can be found at: www.facebook.com/beatleddfabfourhour. .
- “I’ve Got a Beatles Podcast”: “Early Beatles Singles.” Information: http://ivegotabeatlespodcast.podbean.com/
- Breakfast With The Beatles hosted by Cha-Chi Loprete: 8 a.m. ET Sundays, WZLX-FM (100.7 FM) in Boston or streaming at www.WZLX.com (Click on Listen Live).
- “Breakfast With the Beatles”: 8 to 10 a.m. CT Sundays, WXRT in Chicago. Also streamed at http://wxrt.cbslocal.com/show/breakfast-with-the-beatles/.
- “On the Beat”: Wonderful show hosted by Beatles author Spencer Leigh on BBC Radio Merseyside. Not primarily a Beatles show, but a lot of the discussion focuses on the Liverpool music scene in the ’60s, often with those who were there. Airs Saturdays at 17:30 (5:30 p.m.) in the UK and archived online for a week after at http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p001d7sj.
- “Sounds of the Sixties”: Brian Matthews, who interviewed the Beatles on the BBC in the ’60s, hosts this weekly show featuring music by the Beatles and others from that decade. Programs air Saturdays and stay online for a week at http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006wqlv.
- “Beatlesongs”: Hosted by Rob Leonard airs 8 p.m. – 11 p.m. ET Friday on 90.3 FM WHPC and streaming at www.ncc.edu/whpc.
- “Breakfast With the Beatles With Andre Gardner”: The show airs from 7 to 9 a.m. ET Sundays on WMGK-FM 102.9 and 7-9 a.m. PT on KSLX-FM 100.7 in Phoenix.
- “The Beatles Complete on Ukelele”: Weekly show featuring new version of Beatle song played on ukelele. Information: http://www.podbean.com/podcast-detail?pid=51729
- “Just Four Guys”: New shows available at 4 p.m. ET Tuesdays at www.mvyradio.com.
- “Dinner Specials With May Pang and Cynthia Nielsen”: More info: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/maypang.
- “Mid-Evening With the Beatles,” from the Philippines, 5 to 9 a.m. Saturday morning Eastern time, at their website http://www.pbs.gov.ph/dzsr.
- “Across the Universe,” hosted by Glenn Calderone from 8-10 p.m. EST Tuesdays on Inravio.com. http://www.inravio.com/batu.html
- “Beatles and Beyond”: Hosted by Pete Dicks. Available at http://www.quaywestonline.co.uk/.
Beatles radio stations:
- Beatles-a-Rama: http://www.beatlesarama.com
- Beatles Radio.com: http://www.beatlesradio.com
- MaccaRadio: http://www.maccaradio.com
- Fab4Radio.com: http://fab4radio.com
Have a Beatles event you’d like added here? Send it to email@example.com with The Week Ahead in the subject.
Subscribe to us (see button at top) for your daily Beatles news buzz. And you won’t want to miss any of our complete and in-depth coverage of the Beatles, both group and solo, and our exclusive stories and interviews on all our Beatles column pages at Beatles Examiner, Paul McCartney Examiner, George Harrison Examiner and Ringo Starr Examiner. Also, check out our new Monkees Examiner or our Vintage Rock n’ Roll Examiner or TV on DVD Examiner columns for all our other news coverage.
Copyright Stan. Please do not reprint in full on other sites without permission. Headlines with links, though, are fine and posting any of our links to Twitter and Facebook is much appreciated. Please hit the “like” button on Facebook if you like our work.
We’re also Stan on Facebook and at Ufollow or Pinterest. And don’t miss our weekly Beatles news podcast “Things We Said Today” available on iTunes, Podbean.com and Beatles-a-Rama and Fab4Radio.com on the weekends.