What is the best brewery in America? We all have our favorites and narrowing the list down to the overall best can be difficult. Do you base your answer on medals awarded to each brewery? Total sales and growth? Or simply the one that delights your taste buds more than any other? It isn’t an easy choice to make, but one online service recently conducted a survey of its own and the results are now complete. The site is known as The Daily Meal and it published the survey results on July 29, 2013.
We’re Number 1! Or 2, or 3, or….
The Daily Meal, in case you haven’t heard of it before, is an online web site dedicated to great food and drink in the fifty United States and around the world. Visit the site and you will see links to news stories about restaurants, delicious recipes, entertainment tips, and more. The site is all about food and beverage and it offers a broad- base of information on these and related topics.
For the selection of the best breweries in America, The Daily Meal first sent a survey to 57 different individuals who write about beer (yours truly was one of them) and asked each to send back a short list of what he/she would choose as the top 3 breweries in the land. From these top 3 lists, The Daily Meal tallied up the numbers and came up with a list of 72 outstanding breweries from which to select. The online site then asked readers to look over the field of 72 and cast a vote for the best brewery in the USA.
And the Best Brewery is
More than 11,500 individuals cast votes in this informal survey and here, in reverse order, are the top 25 breweries, along with their locations, according to The Daily Meal and craft beer fans:
25. Anchor Brewing Company (San Francisco, Calif.)
24. Great Lakes Brewing Company (Cleveland, Ohio)
23. New Glarus Brewing Company (New Glarus, Wisc.)
22. Allagash Brewing Company (Portland, Maine)
21. Devils Backbone Brewing Company (Roseland, Va.)
20. Boston Beer Company (Boston, Mass.)
19. Green Flash Brewing Company (San Diego, Calif.)
18. Ommegang Brewery (Cooperstown, N.Y.)
17. Victory Brewing Company (Downington, Penn.)
16. Great Divide Brewery (Denver, Colo.)
15. Rogue Ales (Portland, Ore.)
14. Oskar Blues (Lyons, Colo.)
13. Avery Brewing Company (Boulder, Colo.)
12. Three Floyds Brewing (Munster, Ind.)
11. Odell Brewing Company (Fort Collins, Colo.)
10. Sierra Nevada (Chico, Calif.)
9. Russian River Brewing Company (Santa Rosa, Calif.)
8. Bell’s Brewery (Kalamazoo, Mich.)
7. Lagunitas Brewing Company (Petaluma, Calif.)
6. New Belgium Brewery (Fort Collins, Colo.)
5. Cigar City Brewing Company (Tampa, Fla.)
4. Founders Brewing Company (Grand Rapids, Mich.)
3. Boulevard Brewing Company (Kansas City, Mo.)
2. Stone Brewing Company (Escondido, Calif.)
1. Dogfish Head (Lewes, Del.)
Want to read more about the world’s greatest beverage? Visit Great Beer Now!
I hope you enjoyed this post! Click the “subscribe” link above or below to receive automatic updates whenever a new post is made.