Attention all readers, June is National Acne Awareness Month: a look at the latest and greatest acne-fighting makeup (yes, makeup!) to target the most common skin epidemic, affecting nearly 60 million Americans.
Acne is the #1 skin disorder in the US. Take a look at these shocking stats:
- 95% of people will experience acne at some point in their lives.
- 30% of women ages 20 to 60 are troubled by breakouts; 14% of women battle acne well into their 40s.
- Facial scarring due to acne affects nearly 20 million Americans.
I’d like to introduce you to Immaculate Liquid Powder Foundation by Hourglass. It’s a breakthrough liquid to powder formula that absorbs oil, camouflages imperfections, and delivers a long-lasting velvet matte finish—without the need for touchups. After an influx of emails from customers claiming Immaculate had cleared their skin, Hourglass came to the realization that Immaculate was not only helping people with oil-absorption and shine-diffusion, it was also remedying their skin.
As a result, the brand commissioned a 4-week consumer study of 30 women with oily, acne-prone skin, for which we just received the dramatic results this week. They’ve additionally launched 8 new Immaculate shades, for a total of 16 hues for every skin tone. This product can be found at a Sephora’s near you.
- 100% reported an improvement in overall skin appearance and skin smoothness
- 100% reported that the product worked without drying skin out
- 83% reported a decrease in oil production and the need for touch-ups
- 80% reported a visible improvement in acne scars
- 70% reported a visible improvement in pore size
- 63% reported a reduction in the severity of breakouts
You might expect such phenomenal results from a high-tech, acne-fighting skincare product—but from your makeup? Not likely. Immaculate Liquid Powder Foundation bridges the gap between skincare and cosmetics with its paradigm-shifting formula. And it does so without resorting to ingredients like salicylic acid, which can lead to dryness and flaking. For women dealing with problematic skin, the idea of a foundation that delivers a flawless matte finish and simultaneously helps clear your complexion is a godsend!
Philosophy Hourglass exists at the revolutionary intersection of science, beauty and luxury. The brand is acclaimed for its breakthrough formulations, technological innovations and unwavering commitment to reinvention. Complexion products are infused with the most groundbreaking active ingredients available to create unbelievably surreal skin. Distinguished by sensorial textures, modern color collections, and sleek custom packaging—Hourglass puts the art in state-of-the-art.