This past week the MMORPG world didn’t see any earth-shattering news, but that doesn’t mean there’s not always something happening in this beloved gaming genre. From bug fixes for the venerable World of Warcraft’s current version to updates for its next big patch, adventurers in Azeroth are sure to find something to interest them. A big holiday-type event kicked off in another fantasy world, accessible through Lord of the Rings Online. And, if you’re looking for a break from the fantasy theme, Star Trek Online introduced a new item that fans are sure to desire.
World of Warcraft hotfixes
This week, Blizzard released a couple of rounds of hotfixes to World of Warcraft, addressing errors in various areas of the game. On Tuesday, they fixed an issue that could cause a crash in the game client for some players when Ahoo’ru used their Divine Circle ability in the Brawler’s Guild. Yesterday, a couple more fixes were released, the first ensuring that Spirit of Warlord Teng would properly give credit towards the achievement “It Was Worth Every Ritual Stone,” and the second fixing errors in some situations when players summoned bosses on the Isle of Thunder.
World of Warcraft Public Test Realm patch
In addition to fixing a few bugs from the live World of Warcraft game, Blizzard released another patch for Patch 5.4, which is currently being tested on the Public Test Realm. Patch 5.4 promises to be a big one, as it will include the Siege of Orgrimmar and a chance to battle Garrosh Hellscream, the leader of the Horde.
A few of the new items from Wednesday’s patch include:
- The Druid talent, Astral Communion, now defaults to generating Lunar Energy instead of Solar when used after being resurrected or zoning into a new area.
- The Hunter Murder of Crows talent gets a 40% damage boost.
- The Shaman Totemic Restoration talent will be replaced by Totemic Persistence, allowing two totems of the same element to be created.
- The Warlock Glyph of Imp Storm will now only summon four Wild Imps instead of five.
- The Wild Silk Worm Battle Pet will now be classified correctly as a Critter.
For the full list of changes and the complete set of 5.4 patch notes, click here.
Lord of the Rings Online Summer Festival
The Lord of the Rings Online Summer Festival kicked off on Wednesday and continues through August 6th. The Summer Festival gives players a chance to partake in all sorts of summer quests and earn unique new rewards. Some of the challenges during the Summer Festival include:
- keg races
- horse races
- scavenger hunts
- fishing challenges
For a complete rundown of the Summer Festival, click here.
Star Trek Online’s new lock box
Star Trek Online’s various “lock boxes” have always included rare and cool items, including bridge officers and even starships, and the new “Tal Shiar” Lock Box is no exception. The Tal Shiar lock box will include one item from this list
- Tal Shiar Adapted Destroyer
- Cross-faction starship console
- Mirror Universe ship pack
- Genetic resequencer
- Random large or small boost packages
- and more.
To see the full list of possible rewards from a Tal Shiar lock box, click here.