- Rub’s Backcountry Smokehouse offers a BBQ 101 Class at 6pm
- International Arts Festival begins at 7pm at Ravenswood Event Center
- Carnival of Sin Chicago at Castle Nightclub at 8pm
- Head out to Navy Pier to watch the spectacular performance of Cirque Shanghai. Tickets start at $19.50 each and you can also purchase discounted tickets are travelzoo or goldstar at $15 each.
- Women in Media Chicago Launch Party at Little Goat Diner at 7pm
- The Chicago Blues Festival begins today and goes until June 9th at Millennium Park and Grant Park. Tonight at 6:30pm to 9pm, Friday to Sunday, the festival will be from 11am to 9:30pm.
- There is a Dance Improvisation Festival at The Dance Center of Columbia College in Chicago at 8pm. Tickets are $15 each. Event will be at 2pm, 6pm and 8pm.
- The MID will feature a party with resident DJ’s Gus Karas, Gordo, Torio, and guest Chuck Bono. You can RSVP and get in free before 11:30pm or pay $10 afterwards.
- West Loop Flight at Nelicote at 2:30pm. Tickets are $145 each.
- BYOB Painting Class from 7-9:30pm. Tickets are $30 each at 3054 North Greenview.
- Toast the Gold Coast at Hard Rock Hotel’s Fender Ballroom from 9pm to 2am. Admission is free before 10:30pm and afterwards, $10 all night.
- Ribfest Chicago starts today until June 9th at Lincoln and Damen and Irving Park.
- Tickets to Sting at Ravinia are still available as single reserved seats at $115 each or lawn tickets are $38 each. Concert begins at 8pm.
- Fitness Fusion Marathon and Expo at Columbia College Chicago-Stage Two at 9am. If you are a student at Columbia College or a faculty member with a current ID, the price is $5. Admission to the expo only is $10, admission to both is $25. For each one can bring one guess for free. Throughout the day, you will zumba, sheanetics, pilates, house music cardio, and line dance fitness.
- Chicago Children’s Museum is presenting a special monthly event that is second Saturday of every month from 9am to 10am for children and families with disabilities.
- Take Time for your soul fitness workshop from 10:30am to 3pm. Tickets range between $10 to $15 each at One Stop Productions.
- Spirit of Chicago organizes a First Fridays Annual Midnight Cruise at 11:59am departing from Navy Pier and goes until 3am. General admission is $50.
- Make a Father’s Day T-Shirt at Bridgeport Art Center starting at 1:30pm. Tickets are $15 each.
- Taylor Street Flight at $145 a ticket offers you three tasting restaurants with small plate Italian flavors: Urban Union, Davanti Enoteca, and Three Aces. Event begins at 2:30pm at Urban Union.
- Quetzal will play at Brookfield Zoo during its Viva la Fiesta celebration between 11am and 5pm. The fest is free with general admission to the zoo.
- Arlington Park Race Course will have a racing event at 1pm. Children tickets are $2 and adult tickets are $8.
- Make a garden planter box and then take it home. Couples option ticket where you make one box between 2 people, ticket is $105. If you would like a single ticket and make a box by yourself and take it home, the ticket is $75. The event is between 10:30am and 1:30pm at Rebuilding Exchange located at 1740 West Webster Avenue.
- Los Amigos Invisibles will play at Brookfield Zoo during its Viva la Fiesta celebration between 11am and 5pm. The fest is free with general admission tickets to the zoo.
- Bombino will perform at Martyr at 8pm. Tickets are $16 each.
- Pitbull and Ke$sha will be performing live at First Midwest Bank Amphitheatre at 7pm.