Before you head out to Stone Mountain Park this Memorial Day with your family, be sure to read up on these tips from my family to make the most of your day!
1. Get there early to have plenty of time to do all of the cool activities included with the Adventure Passes. Rushing around is no fun for little ones (or for parents) so make sure you grab a schedule and plan out all the stuff you want to do as soon as you arrive. Be sure to use the shuttle if you want to get around the park, so you don’t lose your parking space and the little ones don’t get too tired from all the walking!
2. Allow at least an hour for SkyHike, it’s a lot of fun but it takes a bit to do all three levels! Camp Highland Outpost is much faster, so while we were waiting on the older ones to finish SkyHike, Nikoletta and I played in the water area set up for splashing.
3. Bring water shoes for Geyser Towers, as closed-toe shoes are required. If you happen to forget them, you can always buy a pair at the park. We picked ours up from Big Lots for $5.00 each.
4. Bring a towel and change of clothes for Geyser Towers, because your kids will get completely soaked! You can get in there and play too with your kids, so don’t forget clothes for yourself, and a waterproof phone case so you can get some great pictures!
5. Bring water bottles (and a way to carry them) for your climb up the mountain, there is a place to buy drinks at the top, but you’ll want a drink before then, trust me! I always bring our tie bags for carrying bottles, they are perfect for the kiddos.
6. Fly kites on the top of the mountain! It’s the perfect place to do it, and you can get a cheap kite from the dollar store. The kids played with theirs for about 30 minutes and then gave their kites away for other children to enjoy.
7. Bring a lunch for enjoying on the lawn or at one of the picnic areas around the park. We grabbed ours from the HoneyBaked Ham located right outside the park. The have sliced ham and turkey for sandwiches, and a bunch of different picnic sides to choose from. They even gave us all the disposables we needed, the less work I have to do, the happier I am, lol! If you would rather get food at the park, don’t worry, there are lots of places to choose from.
For more information about Stone Mountain Park and the Memorial Day weekend festivities, check them out online at www.stonemountainpark.com. Be sure to share your family fun photos with them on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook!
Thank you so much to Stone Mountain Park and HoneyBaked Ham for inviting my whole crew out for a full day of fun. We can’t wait to come back!
You can read more about our fun filled day at Stone Mountain Park on my blog, The Bizy Mommy.