What is it about the moon that is so darn enchanting and awe-inspiring? After perusing much research, here is a short list of the 5 greatest things about that lovely luna:
1.) The moon is mysterious.
- Only 12 people have ever had the opportunity of seeing the moon up close and personal, to traverse that mysterious celestial body with their own two feet.
2.) There is no weather on the moon.
- There is no atmosphere on the moon which means no wind or weather!
3.) The bright, luminous hue of the moon is really a hoax!
- The moon’s actual and true color is that of a dark grey. It appears to us on Earth as a bright and brilliantly white color, but this is only because there is nothing to compare it to within the night sky.
4.) The moon is old.
- At 4.5 BILLION YEARS old, it is no wonder that people are so taken aback by its beauty and so reverent under its gaze: the moon is older than we can even fathom and just like an elderly person whose advice and wisdom we often seek, it is no surprise that people tend to gape upwardly at the moon for minutes upon hours, without saying a word and simply drinking in its truth.
5.) The moon is just beautiful!
- All worldy beauty is called into question and put to shame when compared with the moon. Is it the (faux) brightness of the moon that makes it so beautiful? Or is it all of the fun faces upon the surface that one might find if they look long and hard enough? Whatever it is, the mood sure is beautiful and thus, deserves a short and sweet shoutout from Earth.