To the fall of the molly comes the rise of a hip-hop God, and that would be Kendrick Lamar. Not a new breed to the ‘spit-fire’ game, Kendrick is breathing life into hip-hop music every time he walks. Putting in hard work with quality lyrics, videos, and shows has made this artist very notable. Bringing the west coast back to life in a major way, he has the streets buzzing. We know he has flavor, but it isn’t the kind that comes easy as he shells out true bars with life-long lessons to them. You can say what you will about the Compton native, but you cannot say he isn’t at the top of his game right now. With his latest hit video circulating “Bitch, Don’t Kill My Vibe,” it a depiction of various things going on including the funeral of his vibe. What you don’t realize is that he thinks outside the box hoping you’ll join him. Here are the 8 reasons we love Kendrick Lamar.
Top 8 reasons we love Kendrick Lamar
- Kendrick Lamar gave us “Swimming Pools” causing fans to suddenly want to dive in a pool full of liquor. Then he turns around and laces us with “Poetic Justice.” Kudos to him for bringing Janet Jackson back in a major hip-hop way.
Don’t kill his vibe
2. Just when you thought you were done with the two songs listed above, you got to see his latest video “Bitch, Don’t Kill My Vibe” and fell in love with the ‘dopeness’ of the visuals. The creative juices in this guy have no limits as “Don’t Kill My Vibe” was literally a video with someone killing his vibe. Who thinks of this stuff except a genius child of his craft?
3. He rapped with fan favorite The Game on the hit single ” The City” and lyrically murdered every line he threw out. The sad part about it is you probably thought he would be defeated, but came out swinging to win. Hands down, he had the best verses which is hard to compete with alongside veteran The Game.
Put the west coast back on
4. He brought the West coast back to hip-hop’s forefront without a single crip walk or gang sign. Who knew west coast music could be so outstanding in its hip-hop right? Kendrick knew, and so does everybody from his side of town. Now if only we can get a Kendrick Lamar/Hopsin collaboration.
The cool factor
5. The “cool” factor to Kendrick is that he has huge names like Lady Gaga who was to appear on “Bitch, Don’t Kill My Vibe,” but never did. Luckily Kendrick is so talented he didn’t need her help as the track has been successful since fans initially heard it. The video is doing numbers having hit over 600,000 YouTube views in just a day.
MTV’s # 1 MC in the Game
6. MTV crowned him ‘#1 MC in the Game’ which MTV doesn’t get right too often, but they nailed it on the head with Kendrick. Now only if we can get a couple of Grammy awards headed his way, we’ll be satisfied.
7. He’s always showing a humble spirit by self-meditating through lyrics like his conscious speaking to him when he has gone over the edge. The cool voices used on several of his album’s tracks are mysterious. He makes you wonder whose side would he prefer to be on as he does this self-analysis. It makes sense that it’s all him just at different times in his life.
Death of the molly, rise of true talent
8. We look for more and more out Kendrick Lamar and there’s nothing to look for further. He has surpassed our expectations of a true hip-hop God far beyond his time. The death of the Molly raises to life a true talent to stick around for years to come.