Workday Enterprise, Hyatt Regency Santa Clara Hotel, and iD Tech Camps were ranked number one in large, midsize, and small company categories respectively in the Bay Area News Group Top Workplaces of 2013 list based solely on employee surveys of San Francisco Bay area companies.
Overall, the Bay Area News Group recognized 95 companies and organizations in the San Francisco Bay area as Top Workplaces in 2013.
These workplaces were not only considered better places to work but also more likely to be successful than peer organizations.
The Top Workplaces program was evaluated on the basis of a 22 question employee survey and the results were used to assess the health of organizations.
Any organization with 40 or more employees in the San Francisco Bay area is eligible to participate in the program. Winners were recognized in a special edition of the Bay Area News Group and received an online profile on www.topworkplaces.com.
For large companies with 500 or more employees, the top ten ranked workplaces in the San Francisco Bay area (along with their industry sector) were:
- Workday (Enterprise Software as a Service)
- Box (Enterprise Software)
- Stryker Endoscopy (Minimally Invasive Surgical Systems)
- Del Grande Dealer Group (Auto Dealership)
- Pet Food Express (Pets & Pet Supplies)
- Charles Schwab (Investment Management)
- Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati (Law)
- Citrix Systems Inc (Enterprise Software)
- Adobe Systems Incorporated (Application Software)
- Fremont Bank (Financial Services)
For midsize companies with 150 to 499 employees, the top ten ranked workplaces in the San Francisco Bay area were:
- Hyatt Regency Santa Clara (Hotel)
- Sereno Group Real Estate (Residential)
- Stonebrook Healthcare Center (Skilled Nursing Centers)
- The Container Store (Retail – Storage and Organization)
- Energy Experts International (Energy Management Consultation)
- BKF Engineers (Civil Engineering)
- A10 Networks (Networking and Application Delivery)
- Microchip Technology Inc. (Semiconductor)
- Nimble Storage (Information Appliances / Devices)
- Medivation, Inc. (Biotechnology)
For small companies with 149 or fewer employees, the top ten ranked workplaces in the San Francisco Bay area were:
- iD Tech Camps (Summer Technology Programs)
- J&J Air Conditioning (Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning, & Refrigeration)
- McManis Faulkner (Law)
- APN Software Services Inc. (Engineering Consultancy)
- The ABD Team (Insurance Consultants & Brokers)
- The Cooper Companies, Inc. (Medical Devices & Products)
- Berding & Weil LLP (Law)
- RichRelevance (Enterprise Software)
- Xactly Corporation (Enterprise Software)
- Keller Williams Realty Santa Cruz (Agents / Brokers)
The complete Bay Area News Group Top Workplaces of 2013 list is available at www.mercurynews.com/topworkplaces.