Now that summer has officially begun, many of us will have to endure warm and muggy weather for the next few months. If you’re feeling a little parched right about now, you’re in luck! June 26 is Tropical Cocktails Day, an annual “holiday” that celebrates those refreshing cocktails perfect for hot summer days.
Whether you are lounging on a luxurious cruise, walking along the beach with your significant other, relaxing by the backyard pool or enjoying a little R&R in the family room, nothing quite says summer like a cool, tropical drink.
In honor of Tropical Cocktails Day, why not whip up one or two of the delicious drinks listed below? Just don’t forget to add a few frilly umbrella’s for extra flair!
Tropical Cocktail Recipes
- Sex on the Beach – How about a little sex on the beach? This creative concoction calls for vodka, peach schnapps, cranberry juice and orange juice.
- Tropical Fart – Yep, you read that right. You’ll need Malibu, peach schnapps, beer, orange juice and pineapple juice for this drink with the unusual name.
- Bahama Mama – You’ll need light, gold and dark rum, Grenadine, orange and pineapple juices and sour mix for this tropical drink.
- Tropical Leprechaun Drink – This cocktail calls for melon liqueur, coconut rum, vodka and 7-Up.
- Key Lime Mojito – Talk about refreshing, this drink calls for light rum, fresh key lime juice, lime juice, club soda, confectioners’ sugar, fresh mint and key lime wedges for garnish.
- Cosmojito Cocktail – You’ll need vodka, Cointreau, brown sugar, cranberry juice, lime and fresh mint leaves for this pretty-in-pink drink.
- Mojito Del Sol – This ocean-blue cocktail calls for white or golden rum, Angostura bitters, club soda, fresh mint sprigs, sugar, fresh lime juice and crushed ice.
- Blues Swing Cocktail – This colorful drink calls for Malibu rum, blue Curacao liqueur, pineapple juice, lemon juice and a lemon wedge for garnish.
- Banana Daiquiri – Serves one – ’nuff said
- Frozen Strawberry & Lime Daiquiri – This pretty drink calls for fresh strawberries, white rum, lime juice, granulated sugar and crushed ice. Mmmmm.
- Coconut Margarita – If you love coconut, check out this amazing cocktail from Martha Stewart.
- Frozen Margarita – You’ll need white tequila, Triple Sec, lemon juice, crushed ice and a slice of lemon for garnish.
- Guavarita – This fabulous drink calls for guava nectar, silver tequila, orange liqueur, lime wedges, sugar and squeezed lime juice.
- Mango Margarita – This drink calls for mango puree, tequila blanco, Grand Marnier and fresh OJ and lime juice.
- Trader Vic’s Mai Tai – This popular drink calls for amber and dark rums, orgeat syrup, Cointreau and fresh lime juice.
- Watermelon Tequila Cocktail – You’ll need silver tequila, seedless watermelon, blueberries, fresh mint leaves, granulated sugar and fresh lime juice for this one.
- Tequila Sunrise – You’ll need tequila, pomegranate juice and orange juice for this Martha Stewart recipe.
- Sangria Con Tequila – This 5-star drink calls for red wine, tequila, triple sec, sparkling water, sugar, orange and lime juice.
- Passion Fruit Bellini – If you need a little passion in your life, check out this drink. You’ll need passion fruit, chilled sparkling rose wine or rose Champagne and orange liqueur.
- Island Pina Colada – This 5-star cocktail calls for dark rum, whipping cream, canned coconut cream, pineapple juice, Angostura bitters and a maraschino cherry and pineapple slice for garnish.
- Frozen Pina Colada – This ice-cold beverage calls for pineapple juice, golden rum, cream of coconut and ice cubes.
- Virgin Pina Colada Pops – While not a drink, everyone in the family can enjoy these frozen sweet treats to eat!
- Nilla Killa – This drink sounds incredible! You’ll need vanilla rum, orange and pineapple juices, cream of coconut and a pinch of nutmeg poured over ice.
- Frozen Bushwacker – This drink looks a-mazing! You’ll need coconut rum, vodka, Bailey’s, Kahlua, Amaretto, cream of coconut, chocolate syrup, nutmeg and ice.
- Malibu & Cranberry – Not too tart, not too sweet. This super-simple drink calls for Malibu rum and cranberry juice. Yum.
- Cranberry Sea Breeze – You’ll need Smirnoff Cranberry, grapefruit and cranberry juices and a twist of lemon for this tart drink.
- Island Girl – This fruity drink calls for cranberry juice, guava juice, orange juice and vodka.
- Dirty Banana – This tropical drink calls for rum cream liqueur, Tia Maria, dark rum, milk, simple syrup, banana and ice.
- Banana Hammock – This drink calls for homemade banana syrup, Angostura bitters, Sailor Jerry Spiced Rum, fresh lime juice and caramelized banana dust.
- Lava Flow – Here’s another pretty 5-star cocktail.
- Frozen Rum Runners – You’ll need rum, blackberry and creme de banana liqueurs, orange juice, grenadine and rum for this one.
- Havana Beach – This 5-star drink calls for light rum, sugar, crushed ice and pineapple juice.
- Latin Lover – This frozen drink calls for coconut rum, frozen pineapple, orange and cranberry juice concentrates and fresh sugarcane for garnish.
- Caribbean Cruise Drink Recipe – This drink calls for black and Jamaican rums, Tia Maria, Cream of Coconut, orange and pineapple juices.
- Tropical Champagne Punch – Perfect for parties, this punch calls for orange, cranberry, apple and pineapple-mango juices, guava nectar and sparkling wine.
- Great White Shark Attack – This cocktail calls for raspberry liqueur, light rum, coconut milk and crushed pineapple!
This simple drink is perfect for breakfast, brunch, lunch or dinner.
- Malibu Rum
- Guava juice or nectar
- Fill glass with guava juice.
- Add Malibu rum to taste.
- Pour over ice.
- Add slice of pineapple and a colorful cocktail umbrella and you are good to go!
Just in case you are hungry, June 26 is also National Chocolate Pudding Day.
And speaking of fabulous cocktails – Bartender and Mixologist Day is coming up!
As always – please drink responsibly.