On Thursday, Twitchy reported that the social media site Twitter has exploded with death threats against George Zimmerman, the neighborhood watch volunteer on trial for the shooting death of Trayvon Martin. Twitchy said that several also threatened to kill random white people if Zimmerman is not found guilty.
Most of the tweets captured by Twitchy were racist and profane in nature.
“I’ll kill him,” tweeted “Lindsey Franco.”
“Watching the Zimmerman Trial. If he don’t get life ill kill him myself (sic),” said the ironically named “Love.” The tweet was deleted, but not before Twitchy captured it.
“Trayvon Martin need justice ! Gimme me tha pistol ill kill Zimmerman myself,” declared another Twitter user.
One person offered to kill Zimmerman for $20, and several said they would murder random white people.
“If they don’t kill Zimmerman Ima kill me a cracka (sic),” said one person, using a racial term for white people that Mediaite’s Tommy Christopher said is a “proud nod to the region’s history, and one’s own ancestry.”
“If George Zimmerman win I’m gonna kill a fat white boy dat look lik George Zimmerman I swear lol (sic),” tweeted “Creeplife.”
Last year, Martin supporters flocked to Twitter, using the site to express their desire to see Zimmerman killed.
The volume of threats was so high that a member of the family wrote the Seminole County NAACP, saying blood would be on their hands if Zimmerman was harmed.
The unidentified family member said “the rest of the racists that have rushed” to judge Zimmerman will also have blood on their hands if he is hurt.
“You need to call off the dogs. Period. Publicly and swiftly,” the letter added.
The New Black Panther Party put out a $10,000 bounty on Zimmerman’s head with a “Wanted Dead or Alive” poster and issued calls to murder white people.
“Kill these racist honkeys, these crackers, these pigs, these pink people, It has been long overdue!” the group said in a tweet that has since been deleted.
From the beginning, the Zimmerman case has brought out the worst in many people, including some in Congress who prejudged Zimmerman to be racist without knowing all the facts.
Civil rights activists like Jesse Jackson and MSNBC’s Al Sharpton used the shooting to whip up racial strife in the country.
The FBI, however, said in a report that racism was not a factor in the shooting death of Trayvon Martin.
- New Black Panther leader in racist rant: ‘I don’t follow American law’
- New Black Panthers threaten to kill white people on Twitter
- ‘Kill Zimmerman’ Twitter account advocates murdering Trayvon Martin shooter
- Video: High school students protesting Trayvon Martin shooting ransack store
- Twitter users issue death threats against Trayvon Martin shooter, Geraldo Rivera
- Black Caucus resolution blames racial bias for Trayvon Martin shooting
- New Black Panther Party poster: George Zimmerman wanted ‘Dead or Alive’
- FL man arrested for death threats against police chief in Trayvon Martin case
- Witness: Trayvon Martin attacked Zimmerman before shooting
- Do liberals really want a second civil war in America?
If you like this article, you can follow Joe on Twitter @jnewby1956, visit and like his Facebook page, or subscribe to receive email updates when a new article is published.
For hard-hitting conservative commentary, please visit Joe’s blog, the Conservative Firing Line. You can also find Joe’s articles at Right News Now, Tea Party Tribune, Liberty Unyielding and PolitiCollision.