George Zimmerman, the neighborhood watch volunteer acquitted Saturday in the shooting death of Trayvon Martin, is not the only recipient of death threats from users of Twitter. Now, some — known as the “Twitter lynch mob” by Twitchy — have targeted the six women who served on the jury with profane tweets that include racist slurs and death threats.
“The jury better invest in the biggest security they can people are coming after them too,” one person tweeted.
“Zimmerman got the least of worries the real crazy folks are coming after the the jury for making the decision,” added “God Hand.”
“Somebody should kill one of the jury members sons and let the killer free, (sic)” said one Twitter user.
Twitchy said that “bloodthirsty sickos” were looking for the jurors’ addresses.
“Find the address of every fool in the jury,” said “JDervon.”
“[S]urely somebody knows the address of the jury,” added “Keith Dingle.”
“I want all 6 jury folks address,” demanded “korean.”
“Where these jury h*es stay? Can we get they address? (sic)” asked one Twitter user.
“What’s the jury address we need to kill that Mf (sic),” said “Niarbre Bank.”
Some wanted the addresses of Zimmerman’s attorneys while others demanded the jurors’ addresses and pictures be broadcast on television so they could be easily identified and targeted.
Several demanded that members of the jury be murdered along with Zimmerman, his attorney and wife.
“The purge should be in Florida just for tonight Kill the jury Kill Zimmerman. Kill the lawyers Kill Zimmerman wife (sic),” tweeted “Kidd.”
Twitchy noted that Twitter’s rules prohibit the threats that have been repeatedly leveled at Zimmerman and now, members of the jury who followed the letter of Florida law.
“You may not publish or post direct, specific threats of violence against others,” says Twitter’s rules.
- Atlanta Falcons’ Roddy White: Zimmerman jurors should ‘go home and kill themselves’
- Ex-DNC spokesman: Racism, politics behind Zimmerman verdict
- Protesters in Oakland burn flag, smash windows over Zimmerman verdict
- Zimmerman found not guilty, Twitter explodes with hate, death threats
- New Black Panther leader: ‘Praise be to God’ if Zimmerman murdered in prison
- Spike Lee’s 2012 Zimmerman address tweet making rounds on Twitter once again
- Trayvon Martin: New Black Panther’s Malik Zulu Shabazz plans day of action
- ‘Kill Zimmerman’ Twitter account advocates murdering Trayvon Martin shooter
- New Black Panther Party poster: George Zimmerman wanted ‘Dead or Alive’
- Instagram post prompts rape threats against daughters of Zimmerman attorney
- Judicial Watch: Zimmerman prosecution may have been forced by Obama DOJ
- Docs: Obama DOJ facilitated anti-Zimmerman protests with taxpayer money
- Obama Justice Dept. organized anti-Zimmerman protests in Florida?
- Russell Simmons: Zimmerman ‘Will ultimately be punished’ for Martin’s death
- Clothing line Illuminati calls for murder of George Zimmerman on Twitter
If you like this article, you can follow Joe on Twitter @jnewby1956, visit his Facebook page, or subscribe to receive email updates when a new article is published.
For hard-hitting conservative commentary, please visit Joe’s blog, the Conservative Firing Line. You can also find Joe’s articles at Right News Now, PolitiCollision, Liberty Unyielding and Spokane FAVS.