The summertime TV season is in full swing. On June 5, two popular reality shows, “Toddlers & Tiaras” and “Chef Roble,” premiere brand new seasons for 2013. Although the two shows are very different, both offer up some guilty pleasure viewing.
On TLC, the sixth season of “Toddlers & Tiaras” premieres with pint-sized pageantry, spray-tanned kiddies and over-involved parents. “After five years, it’s a challenge to keep the show fresh,” says executive producer Suzanne Rauscher. “This year, we’re covering one of my favorite pageants, which is called Lalapa-ZOO-za. It has a safari theme, and it’s judged by drag queens.”
Before then, tonight’s premiere of “Toddlers & Tiaras” heads to the Disco Fever Pageant in Shreveport, La. The line-up includes a 2-year old named Alexa, whose mom feeds her a steady supply of Tinker Tea – a homemade concoction of soda, sweet tea and Pixy Stix powered candy – in an effort to keep her performance ready. This strongly resembles Honey Boo Boo’s “go-go juice” from prior seasons. “This is their culture and their world,” says Rauscher. “We don’t judge. We just turn on the cameras and see what they see.”
The new season of “Toddlers & Tiaras” premieres at 9 p.m. EST on TLC. For a preview of the new season, head to TLC’s website. In the meantime, fans of the show have been talking about Wednesday’s premiere. Below are a few posts from June 5 on the T&T Facebook page.
- “My son is going to be sooo excited. He has Autism and loves the show. It has his undivided attention.” – Christina Adkin
- “Can’t wait!” – Lisa Angel
- “I am well beyond ready for T&T.” – Mitchell Martin
- “Can’t wait. I’ve been waiting on the show to return since it ended.” – Erriel Dennis
- “I can’t wait until tonight. I have missed this show. I’m seriously having withdrawals.” – Jill Benoit
Over on Bravo, another reality docu-series returns. “Chef Roble and Co.” serves up a second season of Roble Ali and his Brooklyn-based catering company. The reality series follows his business as it continues to grow by leaps and bounds with a high-end clientele including musical artist John Legend, NBA star Tyson Chandler, and Phaedra Parks from “The Real Housewives of Atlanta.”
In season two, the newest ingredients spicing up his staff are Roble’s personal assistant Dan; Rob, a notable pastry chef who appeared on “Hell’s Kitchen;” and Jeorge, who rounds out the team as the new prep chef. Roble’s sister Jasmine returns, but clashes with Artie, Roble’s new second in command. As they step on each others’ toes, Roble is left to pick up the pieces while hiding the internal tension from the upper crust clients. In his personal life, the chef is back on the market after a recent breakup with his long-term girlfriend.
Season two of “Chef Roble and Co.” premieres at 10 p.m. EST on Wednesday, June 5 on Bravo. Be sure to check out the video above and to the left to see Roble talk about his Bravo TV series. Fans are excited about tonight’s premiere. Below are a few Facebook posts from June 5.
- “I’m a fan of your show. I’m so happy you will be back on tonight.” – Crystal Sade
- “I am so glad to see your show come back.” – LaQuanda Brown
- “DVR set for all episodes.” – Nancy Noble
- “Not only does his food look delicious, he looks delicious.” – Marche Ceasar-John
- “Looking forward to this tonight!” – Silvia Abrigada-Stenson
Do you want to stay in-the-know? Then sign up to get my articles personally delivered to your in-box. Just click on subscribe, and you’ll stay up-to-the-minute with your favorite TV shows and stars.