Tony Kanaan finally wins at Indianapolis Motor Speedway, Kyle Busch continues to create history at the History 300 and Kevin Harvick took the win in a wild Coca Cola 600.
Check out Paula’s Examiner columns on motorsports:
· Motorsports Travel
· Joe Gibbs Racing
· Kyle Busch Motorsports
· Buffalo Motorsports
Follow Paula on:
· Facebook – Paula Thompson Freelance and usedview.com Motorsports
· Twitter – @paulat14
· Website – paulathompsonfreelance.com
· Flickr – Paula Thompson Freelance
Contact Paula at firstname.lastname@example.org
Tony Kanaan kissing the bricks – 5/26/13
Indianapolis 500 – Tony Kanaan finally brought home the big one on Sunday, winning the Indy 500 as part of a record-breaking day at the 2.5-mile superspeedway: 14 lap leaders, 68 lead changes, 27 cars running at the end of the race, fastest Indy 500 (average speed 187.433 mph). The Andretti Autosport cars of rookie Carlos Munoz, Ryan Hunter-Reay and Marco Andretti finished second, third and fourth, respectively, while Justin Wilson finished fifth. Rookie A.J. Allmendinger finished seventh in his first oval-track start in the IZOD IndyCar Series.
Kyle Busch – victory lane – 5/25/13
Nationwide Series History 300 – Kyle Busch continued his Nationwide Series domination as the Joe Gibbs Racing driver picked up his sixth win of the season in the History 300 at Charlotte Motor Speedway on Saturday. Kasey Kahne finished second, followed by Joey Logano, Kyle Larson and Kevin Harvick.
Kevin Harvick burnout – 5/26/13
Sprint Cup Series Coca Cola 600 –Harvick closed the deal for his second Cup Series win of the season and second win at Charlotte Motor Speedway in Sunday’s Coca Cola 600, while Kahne earned his second runner-up finish of the weekend. Kurt Busch ran third, followed by Denny Hamlin and Logano. Stewart-Haas racing teammates Ryan Newman and Tony Stewart finished sixth and seventh respectively – that’s just Stewart’s second top 10 finish of the season.
Toyota NHRA Summernationals logo 2013
Coming up next weekend:
· NASCAR’s top three series visit Dover International Speedway: Camping World Truck Series on Friday, May 31st, Nationwide Series on Saturday, June 1st and Sprint Cup Series on Sunday, June 2nd.
· The NHRA Mello Yello Drag Racing Series visits Englishtown, New Jersey’s Old Bridge Township Raceway Park for the Toyota NHRA Summernationals, Thursday through Sunday, May 30th through June 2nd.
· The IZOD IndyCar Series visits Detroit’s Belle Isle Park for the first of three double-headers this season, the Chevrolet Indy Dual in Detroit, Friday through Sunday, May 31st through June 2nd.