Okay North Texas libertarians, the Supreme Court of the Statist States of America just made it easier for the Police State to police you.
The Black-Robed Rights Robbers decreed in Salinas v. Texas that if you don’t immediately announce your Fifth Amendment right to remain silent before a cop asks you that first question you lose your Fifth Amendment right to remain silent.
Now anything you say or don’t say can be used against you. And since LEOs can lie at will on the witness stand without repercussions the old saying “If you haven’t done anything wrong you don’t have anything to fear” is doubly donkey doo-doo.
So be prepared to defend yourself. When any government functionary from any agency at any level asks you any question you’re required by the Supreme Court to immediately go into self-defense mode.
Whip out your well worn dog-eared copy of the REVERSE MIRANDA WARNING and start reading:
- I do not have a right to remain silent unless I immediately announce my Fifth Amendment right to remain silent which I do now announce.
- I understand that anything I say or don’t say can and probably will be used against me in a corrupt kangaroo court of law.
- I have the right to talk to a shyster and have one present with me while I am answering or not answering your questions.
- If I cannot afford a mouthpiece some loser will be suckered into representing me before you start treating me like a baby raper even before you ask your first question.
- I understand I must decide only at the very beginning of this charade to exercise these rights and not answer or respond in any way to the lies the law allows you to tell me.
- Does your feeble cop brain understand these soon-to-be overruled rights I have attempted to explain to you? With these instructions in mind do you wish to beat me bloody with your baton now?
If you don’t have an Anti Miranda Warning card you should memorize these sentences in this exact order and recite them before that bubba cop in White Settlement or Mesquite raps on your car window.
“I hereby invoke my Fifth Amendment right to remain silent. Am I being detained? On what grounds? What’s your name and badge number? I don’t consent. I want my lawyer. Am I free to leave? Don’t tase me bro.”
Don’t miss a DALLAS LIBERTARIAN EXAMINER article: Subscribe to my email alerts and then have fun hitting all those other social media buttons too.
North Texas Libertarians! Send me stories, photos, videos for publication in the Dallas Libertarian Examiner: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Read more Reed: national news and commentary at Libertarian News Examiner.
Also twiddling with Twitter and fiddling with Facebook.