When it comes to ingenuity, drug smugglers are second to none. Even though they were nabbed by the federales last January, two Bronx neighbors deserve credit for attempting to sneak six and one half kilos of cocaine through customs at JFK Airport by stashing the goods in makeshift adult diapers.
Now a 22-year-old Pennsylvania woman has gone them one better. The “vessel” in which she conspired to smuggle cocaine and heroin across the Mexican border into the U.S. was a very private part of her anatomy. She described it in a text to a friend as her “coochie.”
According to The Smoking Gun:
Samantha Kurdilla was arrested in January after she attempted to walk back into the U.S. from Tijuana via a border crossing. A drug detection dog “alerted to a narcotic odor” emanating from her “groin area,” according to a probable cause statement.
A subsequent search revealed that Kurdilla … had a condom filled with 100 grams of cocaine ‘within her vaginal cavity,’ investigators reported in a U.S. District Court filing.
Under interrogation, Kurdilla admitted to her crime, which she claimed to have carried out “in exchange for compensation” from a male companion, who was also arrested.
During a May 16 hearing in U.S. District Court in San Diego, Kurdilla — who had been indicated originally on a felony smuggling charge — pleaded guilty to a reduced misdemeanor count of heroin possession. She is now free on $30,000 bond pending her completion of a three-year “diversion program” which will spare her prison time.
Her codefendant, James Perry, 44, previously pleaded guilty to a felony cocaine smuggling charge. An Army veteran who lives in Pennsylvania, Perry has been behind bars since his arrest with Kurdilla.
- Women caught at JFK smuggling drugs in makeshift diapers
- UK man who gave cocaine to trick-or-treaters sentenced to community service (Photos)
- Real-life meth dealer named Walter White sought by Alabama police
- People attempt to smuggle animals stuffed in their clothes onto planes
- NY mom arrested for feeding baby cocaine-laced breast milk
- Cocaine and pot found in air over 8 cities in Italy
- Connecticut becomes 17th state to legalize medical marijuana
- 200 thefts per day reported at JFK Airport
- TSA agents confiscate cupcake; possible security threat
- Scientists: Marijuana causes global warming
- Nation’s first marijuana “superstore” opens in Sacramento
- New marijuana soda to enter the marketplace in February
For more articles and headlines, be sure to check out Liberty Unyielding. Follow me on Twitter or join me at Facebook.