While most would say it’s wrong for the IRS to target groups based on their political ideology, some young people at Colorado University in Boulder gladly signed a giant card thanking the IRS for going after Tea Party groups, The Blaze reported Tuesday.
The card was the brain child of conservative pundit Caleb Bonham, and read, “Thank You IRS! Tea Party Deserves It!”
One signer, Jason Howerton said, echoed White House talking points, calling it a “fake scandal,” telling Bonham that it makes sense the IRS would specifically target conservative tax-exempt organizations.
“I think it’s pretty rad,” said another person who signed the card.
One woman who signed the card said the IRS did the “right thing and the wrong thing at the same time.”
“I love discrimination,” one person told Bonham.
Some 500 groups were targeted by the IRS over a 27-month period, while groups with liberal-sounding names were basically given carte blanche treatment.
An article at the Daily Caller said that Lois Lerner, the IRS official under fire for her role in the scandal, “signed paperwork granting tax-exempt status to the Barack H. Obama Foundation, a shady charity headed by the president’s half-brother that operated illegally for years.”
Last week, Lerner invoked the Fifth Amendment, telling a House Committee she did nothing wrong.
Video of the card-signing can be seen here.
- Dick Durbin: No regrets sending IRS after conservative group
- Liberalism: An ideology of rage and hate
- Liberalism remains an ideology of genocidal hate and rage
- Do liberals really want a second civil war in America?
- National Review: IRS actions may have suppressed conservative vote in 2012
- Dems twist New York Times story to smear Tea Party members as Nazis
- Pattern of abuse? Lois Lerner’s FEC grilled Oliver North about prayer
- IRS official: ‘I have not done anything wrong,’ invokes Fifth Amendment
- IRS targets Christian groups, demands content of prayers
- Armed Homeland Security agents monitor Tea Party at IRS protests
- Jay Carney to Piers Morgan: Scandals involving IRS, Benghazi, AP ‘don’t exist’
- Limbaugh: Obama administration operating like ‘banana republic-type government’
- Obama Executive Order would seize US infrastructure, citizens for nat’l defense
- Liberal Daily Kos diarist calls for ‘benevolent’ Obama dictatorship
- Anonymous IRS official: ‘Everything comes from the top’
- Flashback: Chuck Schumer, Al Franken sign letter demanding IRS target Tea Party groups in 2012
- NAACP chair: Legitimate for IRS to target ‘admittedly racist’ Tea Party
- Is the ‘mainstream media’ fomenting violence against conservatives?
If you like this article, you can follow Joe on Twitter @jnewby1956, visit and like his Facebook page, or subscribe to receive email updates when a new article is published.
For hard-hitting conservative commentary, please visit Joe’s blog, the Conservative Firing Line. You can also find Joe’s articles at Right News Now, Liberty Unyielding and PolitiCollision.