On Saturday, a jury of six women found George Zimmerman, the neighborhood watch volunteer charged with the shooting death of Trayvon Martin, not guilty of second degree murder. Within seconds of the announcement, Twitter exploded with a barrage of hate and death threats.
“So who wants to go kill Zimmerman with me,” one person asked.
“It’s a small world Mr.Zimmerman . If I catch you I’ll kill you myself,” another Twitter user threatened.
“[A]lready … we godda squad up & kill Zimmerman first (sic),” added another Twitter user.
“Ima kill that n***a George zimmerman (sic),” threatened “CB#23.”
“I will kill Zimmerman myself real s**t,” added “prettyboygotti.”
Earlier in the day, jurors asked for clarification on the charge of manslaughter, sparking speculation that the jury would find Zimmerman guilty of the lesser charge.
Twitchy reported Saturday that a 15-year-old teen was arrested for issuing a threat to commit mass murder if Zimmerman was found not guilty.
“If Zimmmerman free imma shoot everybody in Zion causing a mass homicide, and ill get away wit it just like Zimmerman, (sic)” he tweeted, the Lake County News-Sun reported. The tweet was deleted, but not before being captured and reported to authorities.
WESH-TV reporter Bob Kealing said the mood in the courtroom was tense.
“Plain clothes detectives here along wi/Seminole County Sheriff Eslinger,” he tweeted.
“Godd***t,” tweeted MSNBC’s Chris Hayes, clearly upset with the verdict. The message was retweeted 852 times in just 22 minutes.
Rapper Busta Rhymes issued a profanity laced tweet saying God would punish Zimmerman, Twitchy reported.
“WE WILL LIVE 2 SEE HIM PAY,” he screamed.
Lead prosecutor Bernie De la Rionda expressed disappointment with the verdict but said he would respect it.
“I am disappointed in the verdict but I respect it. We accept the jury’s verdict,” he said.
Martin family attorney Benjamin Crump, however, said the verdict would be remembered in 50 years along with the case of Emmet Till, a 14-year-old black man in Mississippi who was tortured and murdered in 1955 after being accused of flirting with a white woman.
Florida defense attorney Jose Baez said Zimmerman will not be able to live a normal life for some time and would probably have to go into hiding.
“The end is not near for George Zimmerman,” he said.
- New Black Panther leader: ‘Praise be to God’ if Zimmerman murdered in prison
- Spike Lee’s 2012 Zimmerman address tweet making rounds on Twitter once again
- Trayvon Martin: New Black Panther’s Malik Zulu Shabazz plans day of action
- ‘Kill Zimmerman’ Twitter account advocates murdering Trayvon Martin shooter
- New Black Panther Party poster: George Zimmerman wanted ‘Dead or Alive’
- Instagram post prompts rape threats against daughters of Zimmerman attorney
- Judicial Watch: Zimmerman prosecution may have been forced by Obama DOJ
- Docs: Obama DOJ facilitated anti-Zimmerman protests with taxpayer money
- Obama Justice Dept. organized anti-Zimmerman protests in Florida?
- Russell Simmons: Zimmerman ‘Will ultimately be punished’ for Martin’s death
- Clothing line Illuminati calls for murder of George Zimmerman on Twitter
If you like this article, you can follow Joe on Twitter @jnewby1956, visit his Facebook page, or subscribe to receive email updates when a new article is published.
For hard-hitting conservative commentary, please visit Joe’s blog, the Conservative Firing Line. You can also find Joe’s articles at Right News Now, PolitiCollision, Liberty Unyielding and Spokane FAVS.